Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slideshow on multiple monitors.  (Read 5207 times)

Craig Arnold

• Craig Arnold's Photography
Slideshow on multiple monitors.
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:50:08 pm »

Mini-rant follows...

Trying out the slideshow section and I find that when I click on Play Lightroom blanks out my second monitor.

It does allow me to choose which monitor to play on, but forces the other one into black!

Please tell me there's a way to tell it not to do this.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 03:28:07 pm »

Well having LR play an image split across two screens is very annoying, so quite a useful function I'd say. And why would you want to see whatever is on the other screen when presenting a slideshow? So blanking out the other screen makes perfect sense to me.
But I'm curious as to how you even do that as LR doesn't support dual monitors and you just need to see how many people as peed off with that on the Adobe LR Feature requests, possibly the longest thread there.
LR plays a slideshow split across both my monitors and I've not been able to find any way of playing a SS on just the single monitor, which is what I would prefer.
Have you got LR 2.0?  

BTW when you export as PDF, as opposed to just playing a SS, you get the option of the PDF playing full screen.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

abh

• http://www.skylandsphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 06:07:15 pm »

But I'm curious as to how you even do that as LR doesn't support dual monitors
Actually, in the slideshow 'Playback' section it does.  You can display the slideshow on either monitor.   I could envision a scenario where you might want to play a show on one screen, and do other work (not specifically lightroom work) on the other.

Alan

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:00:58 pm »

Actually, in the slideshow 'Playback' section it does.  You can display the slideshow on either monitor.   I could envision a scenario where you might want to play a show on one screen, and do other work (not specifically lightroom work) on the other.

Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160221\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you're on Windoze you have to be careful with two monitors anyway.  Unless you have two video cards only one is going to be color managed.  

I can think of showing a client the results of a portrait session as one example when having two monitor support in Lightroom would be a boon.

I'm sure its near the top of the list of things for a future LR release right up there with soft-proofing and a few dozen other things.
Regards,
Ron

Craig Arnold

• Craig Arnold's Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 02:45:20 am »

Actually, in the slideshow 'Playback' section it does.  You can display the slideshow on either monitor.   I could envision a scenario where you might want to play a show on one screen, and do other work (not specifically lightroom work) on the other.

Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160221\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes that's exactly what I wanted to do, but LR at that point decides you have to devote your undivided attention to the slideshow.

I'm running on Mac.

I certainly wouldn't put it at the top of any list, it just seems a bit daft to me is all.

And I don't mean to suggest I'm unhappy with LR - it's definitely my my favourite piece of photo software by a mile.

Followed by DXO optics and then PS and ImagesPlus.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:17:51 am by peripatetic »
Pages: [1]   Go Up