Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taxation on jobs done in US by foreigner  (Read 3038 times)

jing q

• we are super
Taxation on jobs done in US by foreigner
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:41:18 pm »

hi, this question is to non-US citizens
I was wondering whether there are any problems involved if I do ad jobs for US companies as a foreigner. Is there a specific section for taxation involving non-US citizens doing work for clients in the US?
am still on a US work visa so haven't had to deal with this yet

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:54:53 pm »

Most probably, but only if you're making over a certain amount.

Here in South Africa, you can work for 3 weeks as a foreigner without any permit, longer if you're media/film crew. You're also fine if you make less than a certain amount.

jeremydillon

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 01:10:10 am »

My US clients needed me to fill these out.  I'm based in Australia.  You might need more than a standard tourist visa to get in and out as well.

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 03:44:04 am »

hi, this question is to non-US citizens
I was wondering whether there are any problems involved if I do ad jobs for US companies as a foreigner. Is there a specific section for taxation involving non-US citizens doing work for clients in the US?
am still on a US work visa so haven't had to deal with this yet
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I spent 7 years working in States but that ended near 8 years ago. You can propably find the info you need on US Immigration and tax authorities official websites, alternatively contact the USA consulate in your country (website). Regarding taxation I recall there was a clause for how long you do the work or stay in the USA in one year (tax year?). Obvious if work is made outside the USA it is not their legislation territory, unless you are a USA citizen. Same thim if not major work, how will they know of your work? If you are on a work visa, that is per my knowledge normally limited to one employer only and will need to be renewed for each employer. Please feel free to email me directly.

Regards
Anders
Pages: [1]   Go Up