Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad CFH back w/o alternative power supply  (Read 2089 times)

blade

Hasselblad CFH back w/o alternative power supply
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:38:45 am »

Other than a $2,000 Imagebank II or tethering to a computer is there a safe and alternative power supply resolution to operating a Hasselblad CFH back on any body other than an H series which is powered by the grip.  I recall some slick electrical engineer working out a solution.

blacksun

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 05:14:08 pm »

I don't know of any, but I too would be interested  in that solution.  I shoot with a cfh back on a h2 as well as a cambo wide and an arca.  I shoot tethered to either a laptop of G5 workstation depending on where I am.  I have spoken with a few shooters that are using the image bank and have heard mostly good reviews, but also have heard about the limitations and a few glitchy things.  So I have held off.  

Bottom line it would be good to know if there are other perhaps even more flexible and robust options out there besides the image bank.

Other than a $2,000 Imagebank II or tethering to a computer is there a safe and alternative power supply resolution to operating a Hasselblad CFH back on any body other than an H series which is powered by the grip.  I recall some slick electrical engineer working out a solution.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
find me here:
 [url=http://www.michaelbla

blade

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:27:28 am »

I don't know of any, but I too would be interested  in that solution.  I shoot with a cfh back on a h2 as well as a cambo wide and an arca.  I shoot tethered to either a laptop of G5 workstation depending on where I am.  I have spoken with a few shooters that are using the image bank and have heard mostly good reviews, but also have heard about the limitations and a few glitchy things.  So I have held off. 

Bottom line it would be good to know if there are other perhaps even more flexible and robust options out there besides the image bank.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159942\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm really surprised there has been no comment about a power solution to cfh backs.  I am rather new to this forum and this back and thought that there would be a solution to shoot on my 4x5's untethered and still be able to power the back without using an imagebank II.  Does anyone else find this restrictive.  Why isn't there another power solution other than toting a laptop or a 100 gig drive that is spinning away as you shooting and is not recommended for use below 40 degrees?  Am I being incredibly optimistic?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:31:16 am »

AFAIK, there currently is no other external power supply for the CFH.  I have seen a similar thread pass by on Flexframe about a week ago.

I have not really paid attention to it but I thought some people are trying to figure out a way to provide external power to a H3 back (which is kind of similar).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flexframe
Pages: [1]   Go Up