Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info on older Broncolor Packs  (Read 2385 times)

Eric Cable

Info on older Broncolor Packs
« on: December 10, 2007, 11:41:27 pm »

I am in the process of putting together lighting and cameras for a new rental studio, and I need to add more lighting without completely going overboard on cost. I have purchased two Broncolor Verso packs, 1 Grafit A2, four uni heads, one Pulso Bi-Tube, and one ring for the para 220. I was intending to add another Grafit (or two) and two (or four) more unis, as well as some Acute packs and heads to install as overheads, and for lighting the cyc. However, I am now rethinking the Acute thing, as it really does not make sense to have two lighting systems. The only real attraction of the Acute was that they are readily available used. What I really need to end up with is 5-6 packs, and 10 or so heads. Right at the moment, it is out of the question to add another new Grafit just because of cost, so I am looking at older used Bron packs. Problem is, I can find no info about these packs, and I need to know if I am making a mistake.... Specifically, I have found used Pulso packs, and used Primo packs. The Primo A packs are inexpensive, and they strike me as fine for lighting backgrounds, while keeping the newer packs for subject lighting. True or false? Are the Primos worth having? Are they as consistent pop to pop as the other Broncolor packs, and is the flash duration better than the Acute? Also on the table is the Nano pack, but I have yet to run across anyone who actually uses them. BTW, I only really need 1200 or 1600 watt packs. For the additional heads I need, I am really thinking I should stick to new Uni heads, just because the bulbs are so expensive, and it does not make sense to buy a used head just to have to buy a $400 bulb a year later. Also, is there any real world difference to the Pulso head and the Uni head? One focuses, and one does not, but I remember have focusing Speedo heads back in the day, and never really understood why that was a good thing. Any advice on this is much appreciated! Oh, and just to give a little more info, The studio has a 25' by 17' compound cyc, overhead grid, and we will be shooting a P45/H2 combo. My assumption is that the primary subject will be people, some fashion, but probably people that are more or less stationary. We will have a product table, but I do not see product shooting as a big user of this space. Again, this is a rental studio, so I kind of have to be prepared for a wide variety of uses. I am more than willing to upgrade whatever used Broncolor gear I buy now to Grafits or Versos in a year, but right now putting the building together has kind of put me over budget! Thanks in advance....
Pages: [1]   Go Up