Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you color correct video clips in Photoshop?  (Read 6908 times)

The View

Can you color correct video clips in Photoshop?
« on: December 09, 2007, 02:22:04 am »

I know, it's in the product description, that Photoshop extended can do a lot on the realm of digital video.

But I wonder if you can do simpler things like to color correct video clips in Photoshop, the classic version.

I could imagine an automated frame-by-frame import, adjustment, and export back to the video project file.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 01:04:33 pm »

I know, it's in the product description, that Photoshop extended can do a lot on the realm of digital video.

But I wonder if you can do simpler things like to color correct video clips in Photoshop, the classic version.

I could imagine an automated frame-by-frame import, adjustment, and export back to the video project file.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159401\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't do video, but I do get photoshop user magazine, and in it is a column on video within PS. Don't know if that is of any help, but you may want to check it out.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:04:55 pm by KeithR »
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

The View

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 11:03:39 pm »

I don't do video, but I do get photoshop user magazine, and in it is a column on video within PS. Don't know if that is of any help, but you may want to check it out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159493\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Where these report about the standard edition or the extended edition of Photoshop?
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:00:00 am »

Where these report about the standard edition or the extended edition of Photoshop?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159604\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As I stated earlier, I don't do video, but I do recall seeing the column before CS3 came out. I would check out www.photoshopuser.com for more details. You may be able to look at past columns, but I don't know if you have to be a member to view them.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

sniper

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 02:20:13 pm »

You can in the extended version.   Wayne

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:14:52 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159401\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is not really made for simple color correcting and fast editing. It is for adding special effects frame by frame.
There is no built in automated video editor. You could write scripts to do this I suppose, but there are better programs intended for this purpose. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, even iMovie (Mac software).
Gerald J Skrocki

The View

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:29:13 pm »

It is not really made for simple color correcting and fast editing. It is for adding special effects frame by frame.
There is no built in automated video editor. You could write scripts to do this I suppose, but there are better programs intended for this purpose. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, even iMovie (Mac software).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159969\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Jerry.

I was starting to have that idea, as I could not find any documents on the web on importing video sequences into Photoshop.

I'm not interested in special effects. I just wanted to take advantage of all those noise reduction and image enhancements of Photoshop.

Robert.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 09:30:25 pm »

It is not really made for simple color correcting and fast editing. It is for adding special effects frame by frame.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159969\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You can in fact quickly colour correct or alter entire clips in PS Extended and not just frame by frame.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 11:34:01 pm »

You can in fact quickly colour correct or alter entire clips in PS Extended and not just frame by frame.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160259\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would you like to explain how this is accomplished?
Gerald J Skrocki

The View

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 12:47:22 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160259\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I haven't found yet a book that deals with the extended version.

I wonder how many  people use it, when there are many special effects programs for video.

By the way: I have read, that some people could import video into the standard version of Photoshop. But never found details. Have you heard about it?

Caracalla

• http://
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 11:11:59 am »

Can you apply HDR to the video using PS CS3 Extended?

I asked similar question here but not not many answers

sniper

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 11:17:50 am »

I don't think you can apply HDR, but with video you can just use ajustment layers to ajust colour (with extended) Check out russel browns tutorials it shows it being done there.  Wayne

The View

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 03:03:49 pm »

I got it now.

The key thing you need to work on video in Photoshop is "video layers".

This is only available in CS3 extended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up