Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Matte Litho-realistic Paper  (Read 1736 times)

Harris

HP Matte Litho-realistic Paper
« on: December 08, 2007, 11:06:07 pm »

At the Photo Expo in NY there were some B & W prints displayed on the HP Matte Litho-realistic Paper that were outstanding.  Today I attempted to use this paper for B & W prints on a Z3100 and everything came out with extreme contrast.  It seems as if everything is either black or white with little if any shades of gray.  Have been using the profile provided by HP.  Thinking I should build my own profile but have not had a chance yet.

Does anyone have experience with this paper or any suggestions regarding it's use?

Harris

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 09:02:20 am »

At the Photo Expo in NY there were some B & W prints displayed on the HP Matte Litho-realistic Paper that were outstanding.  Today I attempted to use this paper for B & W prints on a Z3100 and everything came out with extreme contrast.  It seems as if everything is either black or white with little if any shades of gray.  Have been using the profile provided by HP.  Thinking I should build my own profile but have not had a chance yet.

Does anyone have experience with this paper or any suggestions regarding it's use?

Harris
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Matte Litho paper has been a pleasant surprise for me and I like it a lot.  I created a profile for it with APS and put it on the wiki [a href=\"http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/Profiling+and+Profiles]here.[/url]

I got some very nice B&W prints on this paper.  How were you setting up the driver?  Did you print grayscale and let the printer manage colors?  That's the approach I've used.
Regards,
Ron

alanmcf

• http://
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 11:32:01 am »

If you are printing from QImage it would sound like you are double color managing and that you need to Help/ResetPrinterSettings as the driver can get out of sync with what you see. If you are printing in PS then maybe you are double color managing there too. I am struggling with this one myself. Alan

Harris

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 05:29:44 pm »

I have been printing grayscale with the printer managing the colors - and no, not printing with QImage.  

I will try and use new profile - saw the one on the wicki last night and downloaded it - hope to try it tomorrow(Monday) and see how I do.

Not too much time to work with this now since going away soon - so if I don't get back within the next few days, then will have to wait till after the 1st.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Happy New Year
Harris
Pages: [1]   Go Up