Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get rid of EZ Printer Care  (Read 1713 times)

walter.sk

Can't get rid of EZ Printer Care
« on: December 08, 2007, 11:02:22 am »

After upgrading my Z3100ps drivers and firmware and installing the Printer Utility, I used the Add/Remove Programs dialogue in WinXPPro to deinstall the HP EZ-Printer Care applet.  However, it stil shows up in my task bar, and I occasionally get an informational message from it.

I've tried MSConfig, as well as looking for it in the Startup folder, but have not been able to find how to get rid of it.  Any ideas, or should I just leave it as is?

Geoff Wittig

Can't get rid of EZ Printer Care
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 01:42:28 pm »

After upgrading my Z3100ps drivers and firmware and installing the Printer Utility, I used the Add/Remove Programs dialogue in WinXPPro to deinstall the HP EZ-Printer Care applet.  However, it stil shows up in my task bar, and I occasionally get an informational message from it.

I've tried MSConfig, as well as looking for it in the Startup folder, but have not been able to find how to get rid of it.  Any ideas, or should I just leave it as is?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159238\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The most reliable way is to remove the HP folder and subfolders with all their contents from your C: drive, then re-installing the newer driver and printer utility. This was the only way to get a clean install of the previous update. I must confess that since I have things working fine at present, I haven't been daring enough to tempt fate by installing the new driver & utility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up