Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ink cost for Epson 3800  (Read 4196 times)

DougBG

• http://
Ink cost for Epson 3800
« on: December 07, 2007, 03:49:45 pm »

I have decided on the Epson 3800 as the best choice for my needs (although I wish it had a roll paper option) and would like to know if there is a software solution for determining the ink cost per print.  It seems logical to me that the printer driver knows exactly how many printer dots it sprayed and from which container. If you told the software how much each cartridge cost you could have an exact cost per individual print, and that would certainly help with print pricing.  Is there such an ink cost calculator available??

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Ink cost for Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:26:02 pm »

There's a tool in the Epson LFP Remote Panel called Printer Watcher that lets you log use but I've never turned it on. It may show you exactly how many mL of ink are used per print.

David Amos

Ink cost for Epson 3800
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 05:10:13 pm »

Hello DougBG

I have a 3800, what you need to do is access the "job information log" this tells you the file name of the print, when it was printed, what size paper was used, how long it took to print and how many ml was used from each cartridge.  

This information can be saved as a CVS file which can be opened in Excel, it will need some editing because Excel sees 0.07ml as text and not a number so just edit the ml off. From this you can use Excel to work out how many ml's were used for each print, and if you know the cost of a cartridge you can work out the total cost of ink used for an individual print.

Hope this helps

David

joeholmes

Ink cost for Epson 3800
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:47:25 am »

Even easier -- Load some plain paper, and then go to Menu -> Test Print -> Job Information and tell it to print.

You'll get a report of all the details of the last nine prints, including the image title, paper size, elapsed time, exact amount of ink used.

Now you can divide ink used by price per 80ml to get the exact cost of each print.

-=-Joe

DougBG

• http://
Ink cost for Epson 3800
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 01:19:24 pm »

Even easier -- Load some plain paper, and then go to Menu -> Test Print -> Job Information and tell it to print.

You'll get a report of all the details of the last nine prints, including the image title, paper size, elapsed time, exact amount of ink used.

Now you can divide ink used by price per 80ml to get the exact cost of each print.

-=-Joe
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159234\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks everyone. Great information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up