Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye-One LT vs. Display 2  (Read 15178 times)

Photolandscape

Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:48:43 pm »

I have had the Eye-One for about a year. It came from 17th St. Photo in NYC via Amazon. The box is clearly labeled Display 2. The functionality appears to make it a Display 2 as well--lots of color temperature options, gamma options in the software that the LT doesn't have. And it also measures ambient light very accurately.

Here's the rub--the label on the colorimeter unit reads Type: eye-one display Lt, part # 42.18.33. So do I have an LT or a Display 2? Is the Colorimeter the same whether you buy the LT or the Display 2, with the only difference being the software and its capabilities?

LA30

Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:21:11 pm »

I have a Eye-one Display 1

If I flip it over I see

Type: eye-one display
Part No: 36.88.32
serial No 3.285-130xxx-3

I hope this helps

Ken

The View

Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 02:19:35 am »

That's the problem when you buy from shops like eBay and amazon market place. They are a little bit cheaper, and for these savings you are trading in a lot of trouble. Especially eBay, with its gray market gear  and pirated software is a place to avoid.

I know that doesn't help you in this case. But for the next purchase. Calculate the savings, and the amount of trouble it caused you.

Check up on your next dealer at resellerratings.com. It's not as independent as it wants to appear, but it's still good to check up on a dealer.

I bought my Eye One Display 2 from B&H and can only recommend this store. You'll never get any gray market or outdated item from them, and they'd never put a product into a box, that is not the one it came with.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 11:21:37 am »

I bought my Eye One Display 2 from B&H and can only recommend this store. You'll never get any gray market or outdated item from them, and they'd never put a product into a box, that is not the one it came with.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This statement is not entirely correct. I shop for most of my photographic gear from B&H. They are a very reputable and well respected supplier.  They DO sell gray market items (without a US warranty), but list them as imported. The gray market items are identical in quality but priced substantially lower.

[a href=\"http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/12039/Digital_SLR_Interchangeable_Lenses_for_Canon.html]http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/12039/D..._for_Canon.html[/url]
Gerald J Skrocki

The View

Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 02:17:21 am »

This statement is not entirely correct. I shop for most of my photographic gear from B&H. They are a very reputable and well respected supplier.  They DO sell gray market items (without a US warranty), but list them as imported. The gray market items are identical in quality but priced substantially lower.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/12039/D..._for_Canon.html
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Surprised to read that.

But at least they tell you it's gray market.

Generally, not the fact that gray market goods are sold is the awful thing about sites like eBay, but that sellers there don't inform people that they are not getting a US warranty ( aside from truly illegal offerings on such sites, like pirated software).
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

stephen99

Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 10:15:59 am »

I have had the Eye-One for about a year. It came from 17th St. Photo in NYC via Amazon. The box is clearly labeled Display 2. The functionality appears to make it a Display 2 as well--lots of color temperature options, gamma options in the software that the LT doesn't have. And it also measures ambient light very accurately.

Here's the rub--the label on the colorimeter unit reads Type: eye-one display Lt, part # 42.18.33. So do I have an LT or a Display 2? Is the Colorimeter the same whether you buy the LT or the Display 2, with the only difference being the software and its capabilities?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158990\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I purchased an Eye-One Display 2 a couple of months ago from Norman Camera. On the bottom it says "eye-one display 2" and the part number is 35.54.30. Sounds like they shipped you something other than the Display 2 model. I have no idea, however, what the difference might be.

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:38:31 pm »

I can confirm what Stephen99 says re lable and model #.
X-Rite were very helpful in providing the latest software for Vista to run it. Obtained in Canada from Vistec, another very reputable source for gear.

Tim Lookingbill

Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 01:06:03 pm »

My original i1 Display 1 purchased online from Imageologists out of Inglewood California has the same numbers as kenscott30, but there's a REV A label in the upper right corner. It costs me $180. Not sure what REV A means though.

The purchase order slip that came with the unit has four different business names this company operates under each with their own 800 phone numbers. The name my unit shipped under was International Supply with an attached Imageologists business card stapled to the PO.

It looks fishy but quite a few of these companies operate the same way and you'ld never know it until you recieve the item. You almost have to be a detective doing background checks before you buy.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Eye-One LT vs. Display 2
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 09:47:36 am »

The EyeOne Display-2 and LT are the same hardware. The difference is software.

So if you have all the advanced functionality, you did receive a Display 2
solution, not an LT...although it will be interesting to find out how an LT
labeled device got into a Display 2 package.  
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up