Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon pro9500 profiles  (Read 1577 times)

nubins

• http://www.lightboxf8.com
Canon pro9500 profiles
« on: December 07, 2007, 11:22:47 am »

Hi all,

I am a long time reader but first time poster. I am new to serious photo printing and in search of some guidence.

I just purchased my first higher end printer the Canon 9500.

Since this printer is so new I can not find any good resources for printer ICC profiles. I downloaded Michael's excelent Camera to Print tutorial and learn quite a bit. From that tutorial they made it sound like the profiles from the printer and paper manufacturers were pretty bad.

I do not have time right now to send off for custom profiles (making prints for Christmas gifts) to match the paper I have and was wondering what I should do.

Here are the papers I am using.

Canon (Hahnemühle) Museum Etching Fine Art
Hahnemühle Fine Art Baryta
Hahnemühle Photo Rag Pearl
Harman Glossy AI

I do have a sample pack of Canon papers coming so I hope there is a profile that Canon has made to use with each of those papers. Should I trust it? Are Canon's profiles any good?

What about the other papers I mention besides the Canon paper. Are there any profiles out there for these papers and the 9500? Could I use the ipf5000 profiles since they use the same inks (although 10 instead of 12)?

Are there any particular settings or advice you could give me for settings or pit falls with the 9500.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy

nubins

• http://www.lightboxf8.com
Canon pro9500 profiles
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 06:50:17 pm »

Anyone?

If its best to have custom profiles for my particular printer and the different papers I use should I get something like the I1 Photo LT and make my own?

I plan on using 4 types of papers. Should I just get custom profiles made for them and save the $900?

I was thinking of using Booksmart for these custom profiles. At $25 for a large target I thought it was reasonable enough. Has anyone used them before. Are their custom profiles of good quality?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up