Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1ds MKlll - Wireless  (Read 18084 times)

billy

1ds MKlll - Wireless
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2007, 12:06:00 am »

Not sure what takes 2 minutes (but I've never done it myself  )
A Wi-fi network (protocol) is robust enough to withstand the computer going to sleep.  E.g., finish shooting one location, close the laptop to put it in sleep mode , drive 100 miles with camera and laptop, and open the laptop - they're still "connected" - no need to "re-set"  So it's more or less instant.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

great news, thanks jones. gonna buy the wifi device and hope it all works out.

fyi, the '2 minutes' is consumed by securing the magliner cart, opening the laptop and adjusting the black shade for the monitor, tethering the firewire cable to the canon/contax, and waiting for C1 Pro to tell me the camera is ready to shoot.

locpham

1ds MKlll - Wireless
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 04:54:36 pm »

So the new transmitter only works with the 1ds mk3, or does it work with the 1ds2 also?

dtrayers

• http://
1ds MKlll - Wireless
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 05:12:16 pm »

So the new transmitter only works with the 1ds mk3, or does it work with the 1ds2 also?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, just the 1DMkIII and 1DsMkIII.
- Dave

billy

1ds MKlll - Wireless
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 02:59:14 pm »

just wanted to see if there is anymore feedback I can gather on the wifi device. are people having problems? are they great?

just read something on another forum that you could only use it in a studio, not on location. when I tried to ask why I never heard back. Previous posts here stated that you did not need an internet connection, just the camera/WFT-E2A device/ laptop ( I have macbook pro ). I cant figure out what that guy was talking about. speculation is welcomed!

jlinn

1ds MKlll - Wireless
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 09:54:48 am »

all of this is talk about using the transmitter to send the files.  Anyone having success using the live view in a 'remote camera' scenario?

thanks,
JL
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up