Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting batches  (Read 1741 times)

Peter Morse

Exporting batches
« on: December 06, 2007, 05:29:52 pm »

I'm new to Lightroom after years of using C1. Just working through my first shoot. I have selected 300 or so images for Export (processing). I made the mistake of batch processing (exporting) around 100 images but now want to process most of the balance. How do I separate in the Library those images I've already exported so i don't do them again. Next time round I'll probably rate them first, work with that and then flag those I've exported as they're done so they're immediately identifiable (like the little wheel on C1) but I'm sure there's a simpler way and its probably staring me in the face, but some help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Morsie

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Exporting batches
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 05:47:32 pm »

I had the same issue.  unless 1.3 is different - you're out of luck.  As soon as I export I set the rating to 4 stars.

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Exporting batches
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 08:30:54 pm »

[attachment=4162:attachment]

As long as your export settings remain the same and the files from the previous export are still there - lightroom will display a dialog asking whether you want to overwrite or use existing names.  Right-Click a file in the list and select Save As ...  (I'm Windows - any Mac users want to jump in with the equivalent?).  This will create a text listing of the files in the location you specify

hth - John
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 08:38:49 pm by Joh.Murray »

Peter Morse

Exporting batches
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 09:08:52 pm »

John, I have seen the warning about exporting duplicate files but the other issue is wasting time going over "developed" and previously exprted images and re-tweaking them. After a few hours you begin to make subtle mistakes and there's a lot of time wasting involved. I think this is a serious shortcoming in the program, you should be able to mark images as "ready for export" and  "exported". I imagine keeping track of 50 images is not so difficult but 300 or 500 is a task.

Will look at the colour file as a possibility.

Peter

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Exporting batches
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:27 pm »

I agree!  A "Skip and Continue Option" would be nice!  One place you might consider indicating export status(s) would be child keywords or metadata?  I personally have set up several user export settings that have the same name as child keywords.

-John
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:09:44 pm by Joh.Murray »
Pages: [1]   Go Up