Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Prints with Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl & B9180  (Read 1951 times)

nhnus

Dark Prints with Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl & B9180
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:57:56 pm »

I'm new to digital & printing (25+ years of slides) and have been experimenting with sample packs of papers.  Both of the prints that I've printed using my B9180 on Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl have come out very dark.  I soft proofed them in PS3 and significantly lightened the second one so the highlights are good, but shadow details are very hard to see.  By comparison, a similar print, straight out of Lightroom on HP Advanced Glossy showed lots of detail in the shadows.  My question is, "Is this a paper profile problem or is it my learning how to translate from screen to paper?"  I'm using the profile from the Hahnemuhle site.

Thanks,
Mark

Geoff Wittig

Dark Prints with Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl & B9180
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:38:15 pm »

I'm new to digital & printing (25+ years of slides) and have been experimenting with sample packs of papers.  Both of the prints that I've printed using my B9180 on Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl have come out very dark.  I soft proofed them in PS3 and significantly lightened the second one so the highlights are good, but shadow details are very hard to see.  By comparison, a similar print, straight out of Lightroom on HP Advanced Glossy showed lots of detail in the shadows.  My question is, "Is this a paper profile problem or is it my learning how to translate from screen to paper?"  I'm using the profile from the Hahnemuhle site.

Thanks,
Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hahnemuhle's profiles are notoriously mediocre. You'll probably get much better results printing on Fine Art Pearl using the HP profile for their satin paper, which will have generally similar ink limits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up