Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhaseOne Crafsmanship Manual and DVD  (Read 3022 times)

subrata1965

PhaseOne Crafsmanship Manual and DVD
« on: December 04, 2007, 10:46:33 pm »

Does any one know about PhaseOne Crafsmanship Manual and DVD?

Thanks.

Subrata
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 10:47:13 pm by subrata1965 »

jpjespersen

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:38:08 pm »

I got the manual you are talking about for free from my dealer.  It is spiral bound with a black and white subway like image on the cover.  So far I have not found it to be usefull at all, but then again I have only spent about 45 minutes looking at it.  

JP
http://p45plus.typepad.com

quote=subrata1965,Dec 4 2007, 10:46 PM]
Does any one know about PhaseOne Crafsmanship Manual and DVD?

Thanks.

Subrata
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:17:57 am by jpjespersen »

johnkraus

• http://www.johnkrausphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:50:29 pm »

It's Applied Craftsmanship by Walter Borchenko. Some good best practices, also nice exploration of Color Editor and styles.
More examples for product and interiors than people, but all in all there's stuff to learn in there.
The book's currently selling for $125- $140 or so.

dkiang

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 04:16:57 pm »

I'm a new guy on the photography field and been assisting mainly to start.  I was asked if I was a qualified digital tech for the cameras.  I know something about using the system's, but other than that no other proof.  
The Phase Dealer said there is a Capture-U?  I can get a certificate stating I'm a qualified technician for operating the Phase One backs / Capture One app.  I saw the Capture U site, but the course seems to be down.  As I didn't see anything saying I get a paper statement from Phase or Capture U.  
Is this the first of anyone hearing about this?

lance_schad

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 06:13:26 pm »

I'm a new guy on the photography field and been assisting mainly to start.  I was asked if I was a qualified digital tech for the cameras.  I know something about using the system's, but other than that no other proof. 
The Phase Dealer said there is a Capture-U?  I can get a certificate stating I'm a qualified technician for operating the Phase One backs / Capture One app.  I saw the Capture U site, but the course seems to be down.  As I didn't see anything saying I get a paper statement from Phase or Capture U. 
Is this the first of anyone hearing about this?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is a website that is run by Walter Borchenko, who put together the Applied Carftsmanship book and has done many seminars around the world with Phase One. When you purchase the book you get a subscription to the site (may be limited , not sure). I do not think that Phase One has sanctioned anyone to provide certificates for training. There are a number of places besides online to be trained , your dealer or there are a few Photo Assistant type training programs that are comprehensive.
I myself had spent a bunch of time on the road in 2006 when I was working for Phase One doing the US roadshow . He was working on the book and concept of the website during that period. I found his techniques and presentations to be very practical and beneficial . Also most of the people that attended the events always got something out of it that they could use in their workflow to save time or create a new look.
His mantra is to approach photography traditionally , get it correct at capture, use the tools in CaptureOne to lessen the amount of work you do in post. Use the tools in Capture One to enhance the way you preview and approach capture. He relates things back to the traditional way of doing photography, the craft.
It is stressed not rely on Post or Photoshop to correct sloppy work. Get it right the first time.
The book is full of great examples and real raw files that were supplied buy Photographers from around the world . These RAW files each are geared towards a certain type of situation or technique he is teaching.
Even if you only get one new trick/technique out of the book for whatever you have paid for it, multiply that new technique/trick by what your time is worth and it will have paid for itself. The ROI is there.
Even with 4.0 coming out this site and manual provides you with the solid foundation .
This is not a basic manual on how to install and load the software, but gives you the info you need to get the most out of it.

Here is a description of the site from the homepage - [a href=\"http://www.k-i-inc.com/]http://www.k-i-inc.com/[/url]

"Capture University is an internet education site for the professional photographic community focused on techniques and workfow for superior captures and RAW processing . The roll-out is separated into several steps and focuses on the evolutions of photography through digital capture."

Check it out for yourself. I know Walter has put a lot of effort into this for everyone to benefit.

L

btw We have the manuals available, please PM  or email me and I will get you the info.

Lance Schad  
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-534-5701 office
305-394-3196 cell
www.captureintegration.com
lance@captureintegration.com
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 06:29:30 pm »

I met Walter once, at Photokina, he showed me how to use the color editor in a one-on one. That was a useful 5 minutes

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up