Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1DSMKIII Image  (Read 3679 times)

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
1DSMKIII Image
« on: December 04, 2007, 07:03:14 pm »

Large file alert.  16meg.  RGB.  JPG 1/50 f8 iso 800 Canon 70-200 2.8 IS

http://www.timgrayphotography.com/images/0...aton_center.jpg

I'd been playing with some pretty iffy wide angles the past couple of days and thought it was time to see what I got from a decent lens.  Note file is RGB.

I'm a happy camper

Kenneth Sky

• http://
1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »

Looks like the Swarovski tree at Eaton Centre that I photographed with the Sony A700. It would be interesting to compare the 2 RAW images. Mine was hand held.

djgarcia

• http://improbablystructuredlayers.net
1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 07:31:43 pm »

OK, Tim, we get it, it's Christmas for you, while us poor suckers on the long waiting lists are in constant misery .

But I thought you said you used a nice wide-angle. My Lord, look at all the CA in the ornaments!  The globes show nice gradients, even for a JPEG.

Hey, Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for the sample. Now back to miserably waiting ...
Over-Equipped Snapshooter - EOS 1dsII &

Paul Sumi

1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:50:53 pm »

OTOH, it's also Christmas for those of us who don't need the ultimate resolution and are picking up low-actuation 1DsII's from the people who are waiting in the Mark III lists  

Paul
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:51:37 pm by PaulS »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:26 pm »

Large file alert.  16meg.  RGB.  JPG 1/50 f8 iso 800 Canon 70-200 2.8 IS

I'd been playing with some pretty iffy wide angles the past couple of days and thought it was time to see what I got from a decent lens.  Note file is RGB.

I'm a happy camper
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158260\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Tim - very sharp - tell us more - tripod/no tripod. Sharpening, no sharpening? If sharpening, where, what process, what settings? Any noise reduction?

Cheers,

Mark
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 08:43:11 pm »

Tim - very sharp - tell us more - tripod/no tripod. Sharpening, no sharpening? If sharpening, where, what process, what settings? Any noise reduction?

Cheers,

Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158281\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hand held (I don't have the courage to try a tripod in Eaton Centre - yes the Swarovsky tree!)  No noise reduction.  Capture sharpening in LR of 100, 1.0 15 and 0 and then a 1 pixel pass in Focus Magic - probably wasting my time with that step.  Just realized now, No output sharpening.  Ooops.

I'll post one of the wide angles tomorrow...  I'll also try to give you a link to the RAW (Kenneth... I would be interested in the Sony file -  is it supported in the latest ACR?)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:47:38 pm by Tim Gray »

paulbk

1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 03:03:27 am »

A plastic evergreen tree in Canada. Sad. Very sad. I was born and raised in Albany, New York. Now 59 living in New England. My first real trip to Canada was Expo’67 in Montréal. Wonderful! I’ve always had this romantic notion of our friendly neighbor to the north as the most civilized people in the world living in a wild and beautiful land that stretches from the St. Laurence to the north pole. I now travel to Toronto often for business and find they can’t build eight lane highways fast enough to get around the sprawling metroplex. The Canadian border patrol is getting nasty. And now this...... a plastic evergreen tree, *in Canada*!! Get a grip people. Even Rockefeller Center in New York City has a REAL Christmas Tree (this year from Connecticut).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:05:14 am by paulbk »
paul b.k.
New England, USA

Bruce MacNeil

1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 03:53:28 am »

Yes, we have to be careful of a slide to some other place.

A plastic evergreen tree in Canada. Sad. Very sad. I was born and raised in Albany, New York. Now 59 living in New England. My first real trip to Canada was Expo’67 in Montréal. Wonderful! I’ve always had this romantic notion of our friendly neighbor to the north as the most civilized people in the world living in a wild and beautiful land that stretches from the St. Laurence to the north pole. I now travel to Toronto often for business and find they can’t build eight lane highways fast enough to get around the sprawling metroplex. The Canadian border patrol is getting nasty. And now this...... a plastic evergreen tree, *in Canada*!! Get a grip people. Even Rockefeller Center in New York City has a REAL Christmas Tree (this year from Connecticut).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158343\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bruce MacNeil PhD; M. Div.; M.Fol.

blansky

1DSMKIII Image
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 11:25:45 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158343\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paul, youre problem is that you keep visiting Eastern Canada. You need to make a pilgrimage to Western Canada to see the "real" Canada.

Duck and Cover. Incoming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up