Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Exhibition Fiber in rolls?  (Read 1753 times)

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
Epson Exhibition Fiber in rolls?
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:08:52 pm »

Does anyone know if there is any chance that Epson will seriously consider making this paper available in large rolls---ie: 36 or 40 inch rolls?  I personally think this paper is so good I'm ready to make this my default fine art paper for color and black and white,  but I can't even consider doing any job with this paper if they want larger prints than 24 inches wide,  as all the paper I use per job  must match (I can't use EEF for prints smaller than 24 inches wide and use another paper for larger prints).  Clients want the papers to match.  Jim Doyle at shadesofpaper  mentioned that Epson feels they can't get this paper in rolls to lay flat because of the composition of the base.  Larger prints are usually cold mounted anyway so the curl of the paper wouldn't matter.

Anyone have any info on the possibility of EEF in rolls in the future?  Thanks, Eleanor
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro

Marty C

• http://www.shorephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:49:18 pm »

Does anyone know if there is any chance that Epson will seriously consider making this paper available in large rolls---ie: 36 or 40 inch rolls?  I personally think this paper is so good I'm ready to make this my default fine art paper for color and black and white,  but I can't even consider doing any job with this paper if they want larger prints than 24 inches wide,  as all the paper I use per job  must match (I can't use EEF for prints smaller than 24 inches wide and use another paper for larger prints).  Clients want the papers to match.  Jim Doyle at shadesofpaper  mentioned that Epson feels they can't get this paper in rolls to lay flat because of the composition of the base.  Larger prints are usually cold mounted anyway so the curl of the paper wouldn't matter.

Anyone have any info on the possibility of EEF in rolls in the future?  Thanks, Eleanor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157938\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I spoke with Epson field tech about that and he told me the paper is going to be sheets only. It is pretty thick and there would be a lot of curling issues that I can see

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 02:02:54 pm »

That's what I heard too---curling issues.  But I use Museo Silver Rag and Hahnumuhle Photo Rag Pearl (both stiff heavy papers) in rolls and have no problem getting them to eventually lay reasonably flat.  And the epson paper in large rolls could always be cold mounted.  I can't see why Epson thinks the curl in rolls is such a problem. Eleanor

I spoke with Epson field tech about that and he told me the paper is going to be sheets only. It is pretty thick and there would be a lot of curling issues that I can see
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157952\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro
Pages: [1]   Go Up