Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 support  (Read 2665 times)

casterle

HP Z3100 support
« on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:51 pm »

Paul Butzi has a great blog on the state of HP Z3100 support:

http://photomusings.wordpress.com/2007/11/...0-support-woes/

Geoff Wittig

HP Z3100 support
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 10:31:13 pm »

Paul Butzi has a great blog on the state of HP Z3100 support:

http://photomusings.wordpress.com/2007/11/...0-support-woes/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157556\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can sympathize, but my experience has been far better. I called tech support after the optical paper sensor failed. The technician on the phone was polite and efficient, quickly established that I had already tried the obvious fixes, and authorized an on-site repair. I was up and running again within a few days.

chris anderson

HP Z3100 support
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:33:36 am »

I can sympathize, but my experience has been far better. I called tech support after the optical paper sensor failed. The technician on the phone was polite and efficient, quickly established that I had already tried the obvious fixes, and authorized an on-site repair. I was up and running again within a few days.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the exact problem he has and have been down 5 F&$#ing weeks today! Tried all new print heads, new carriage, trailing cable..... ITS STILL BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macdaddyv

HP Z3100 support
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 02:20:50 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have been down this path and it is ugly. I have tried to upgrade my firmware since I bought my printer last June. I always get the message resource not available after a very long URl is listed.
I called tech support b/c my printer keeps telling me to upgrade the firmware 6.0.0.8, and driver 5.1 for my MAC PRO. I spent well over 2 1/2 hours on the phone (hold, menu problems, transfers to other people). My tech support person who was very nice couldn't think of anything else to try (and we tried a lot) finally told me to "reboot" the printer to factory defaults and then we could try a firmware upgrade. What he didn't know is that requires the startup print-heads that ship from the factory in new printers. Those get disposed of after the first boot-up (June 07 for me). The printer will not go past that step. I was told a technician would come out the next day with print-heads and also perform my firmware upgrade (via new mother board if necessary). The technician called and said they don't have the part, don't know when they will get the part and he was going out of town for vacation. So now I have a printer with ink in the lines and it is shut down. It can't perform its usual maintenance b/c it is stuck in boot-up. I have missed a print deadline for a competition, and had to cancel print-jobs I was going to get paid for. HP response is well we can't help you b/c we don't know if we can find the part today, tomorrow, next week.
I am outraged and don't have a next step. Customer service suporvisor said I'll get an estimate, expedite your case and call you back. No call. This started last Wednesday.

Macdaddy

casterle

HP Z3100 support
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 04:40:15 pm »

I can sympathize, but my experience has been far better.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I expect that the experience is directly proportional to the knowledge and 'quality' of the support engineer. I've had both good and bad expereinces myself.

IMO, poor support with hardware of this price is just unexceptable. That is doubly  true when your business is dependent on the hardware working correctly. I hope someone at HP takes Paul's suggestions to heart.

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
HP Z3100 support
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:37:01 pm »

BTW, HP support in Northern Italy works fine. Hotline in Milan, engineers from Turin.

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
HP Z3100 support
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 01:32:41 pm »

I've had a mixed result as well, I've dealt with I believe 5 different people at HP Designjet support.  3 (2 Tech support, 1 Colour Center Support) were very good, 2 generic support persons, useless.  One of the useless ones said that I could not profile other printers using the APS....which is of course totally incorrect.  I guess it's almost like Russian Roullete (sp?).

Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up