Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First week out with mamiya afd II and P30  (Read 2468 times)

marcmccalmont

First week out with mamiya afd II and P30
« on: December 01, 2007, 12:58:20 pm »

I noticed that when taking a long exposure it takes a long time to write the data to the memory card. Is it taking a black exposure for noise reduction? Of course the manual explains nothing.

the 120mm macro (new version) and the 105-210mm (used) do not read out the aperture, is this normal?

Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:10:30 pm »

Marc

I think I read somewhere that the lenght of write time (for long exposures) is somewhat equal to the exposure time.  Also what type of card are you using?  I've been using Sandisk III is good results.

Not sure as to the other question other than to say that when I use my 300 f/2.8 I don't get lens info then as it's a full manual lens - is the 120 full manual?

Hope someone with more experience can help.......

don

marcmccalmont

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:34:21 pm »

The 120 is automatic but manual focus
The 105-210 is fully aotumatic/auto focus
Sandisk extreme III 4 gig

About 6:00 am this morning
Marc
[attachment=4096:attachment]
Marc McCalmont

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 04:52:18 pm »

I can't speak for the Phase backs, but when shooting at around 1/2 sec or longer on my Aptus 22, the back will do a dark frame for the equal exposure length after the shutter has closed and before saving the file to the card. The time of the file saving to card is only a second or less regardless of the exposure length. It's just the dark frame that extends the long exposures.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157536\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Someone tld me that the Phase back does a new dark calibration every time you change speeds, even at faster speeds. I don't know whether thi is true. But, as a result, I've been told that if you want to shoot fast you should keep the speed fixed.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up