Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading DB, opinions & help please  (Read 1892 times)

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
Upgrading DB, opinions & help please
« on: November 30, 2007, 06:35:44 pm »

Hello, I'm in the process of selling my trusty Leaf Cantare (on ebay now!) and am looking out for a Phase One H10/20 or Leaf Valeo. Although the bulk of my work will be in my studio I want to shoot tehtered to a laptop on location (under battery power) and am looking for opinions on what manufacturer works better that way? Does anyone have experience of a Valeo powered straight from laptop? How practical is the Phase One portable system? I will be working with Hasselblad 500cm and elm cameras and in the studio using Broncolor strobes - Flahman 2 pack. Does anyone know if either of these backs can be connected directly without the use of triggers? Any help, opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 04:20:27 am »

I have used the Valeo for quite awhile. I find it an excellent and reliable back. It can be tethered directly to your MAC (no PC software besides Beta). You do need a sync cable from the shutter to the back on the 500 series.

No wake-up cable is necessary for the Valeo.

Try to get a digital magazine as well when you get a Valeo. Though it is not ideal, you can put the disk in a pocket and have a portable solution. I might be pushed to sell you mine
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 04:20:49 am by Dustbak »

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 02:36:58 pm »

Thanks for that. What sort of money would you be looking for and what Valeo is it?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 03:50:11 pm »

I was talking about the digital magazine in case you can't find one or don't get one with a Valeo you buy. Sorry about the confusion.

I sold my Valeo11 a while ago now. I have a digital magazine (10Gb) on the shelve that is gathering dust which I was referring to.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 03:51:09 pm by Dustbak »
Pages: [1]   Go Up