Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 1400 tank feed systems  (Read 3937 times)

rocketman

epson 1400 tank feed systems
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:08:57 am »

Hi all I'm new here and have a question on an Epson 1400 I just purchased.

I've seen some aftermarket refillable tank systems for the Epson printer which replaces the cartridges with a continuous flow system that has separate tanks for each color mounted outside the printer then feeds the replacement cartridges that sit in the carriage via flexible tubes and you can then just replenish the supply in the outboard tanks as needed. I was wondering if anyone here has ever used such a replacement system on an Epson printer (or other similar modification) and what the general consensus is such mods. Yes I know it would void the warranty but beyond that, any thoughts? I suspect that’s probably not a good idea, but seemed worth looking into to help reduce the costs of ink.

I have also been looking at some ceramic coated papers from a company called inkjetart.com and was wondering if any one as used these papers.

While most of my printing right now is for my own use, I am hoping the sell some pictures as time progresses and I hope to enter some local art shows next spring that are open invitation.

Thanks in advance.

You can see my photos and writings at my web site Roadrumes.com

Rocketman

mills

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 04:37:06 am »

if you are looking for a continuous ink tank system, I know inkrepublic has a cis that compatible with epson 1400
http://www.inkrepublic.com/1400.asp

rocketman

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 05:43:06 pm »

if you are looking for a continuous ink tank system, I know inkrepublic has a cis that compatible with epson 1400
http://www.inkrepublic.com/1400.asp
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157625\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks I'll look into their product. I'm still a little leary of using non OEM ink in so far a quality but it seems it does not void the warranty. I'll have to do some more research before I go that route. I am pleased with the output quality so far, but I still need to run more tests on different papers.

RM
Pages: [1]   Go Up