Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contax 645 focusing screens  (Read 7186 times)

rejcd

Contax 645 focusing screens
« on: November 30, 2007, 05:55:13 am »

the focusing screens of the mamiya 645 MF will fit perfectly in the housing of the contax 645 screens; i just fitted mine with a mamiya screen N type B with horizontal split. those screens cost next to nothing second hand. to do so, remove screen and housing from contax, undo two screws on one side, gently lift the screen and replace with the mamiya screen, refit the screws and holding minute angles; (prior cut off the lug on one side with a pair of pliers), you just have saved a couple of 100$ +. WORKS PERFECTLY.
cheers

see pic for manual focus with 120mm macro

Let Biogons be Biogons

• http://
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 06:01:27 am »

Are the screens the same thickness?  Even a small difference can throw off focusing.

the focusing screens of the mamiya 645 MF will fit perfectly in the housing of the contax 645 screens; i just fitted mine with a mamiya screen N type B with horizontal split. those screens cost next to nothing second hand. to do so, remove screen and housing from contax, undo two screws on one side, gently lift the screen and replace with the mamiya screen, refit the screws and holding minute angles; (prior cut off the lug on one side with a pair of pliers), you just have saved a couple of 100$ +. WORKS PERFECTLY.
cheers

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157210\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 06:05:50 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157210\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What pic?

(Maybe you could delete the 4 other identical threads you started too?)

rejcd

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:18:20 am »

What pic?

(Maybe you could delete the 4 other identical threads you started too?)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157215\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you are right, sorry but my pc froze and i did not know what went or what did not

rejcd

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:20:29 am »

Are the screens the same thickness?  Even a small difference can throw off focusing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157213\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

what matters is not the thickness of the screen but the position on the base plate in the housing, the mamiya screen is effectively thinner but works perfectly

rejcd

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 11:56:11 pm »

I had follwoed the instruction on the internet  to hack the focusing screen on Kodak SLR/c.

The internet post seems trivial, but in the end I have to sedn the camera to Kodak authourized repairer.

I wish the Contax 645 is as easy as you said, but are you hundred percent sure? Not just judging by your eye, you need technocal data to support it.

After all, someone's perfect may be completely terrible for anoth.

I am sorry but I have to challenge you to make sure no one follow an stupid instruction.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157580\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

what technical data do you want? this is not a black magic operation performed after the slaughtering of some animals !!! this is a nuts and bolts operation. once you have cut flash the lug on the side of the mamiya screen, the screen will fit perfectly on the receptacle of the contax 645 screen,it will slide in perfectly by removing the screws and holding angles only on one side. it will work for the only reason that you dont change the basics, the stacking of the screen inside the camera housing remains the same, the focusing is done on the lower face of the screen, the nearest to the mirror, therefore the variable of the screen thickness does not affect the performance. it worked for me perfectly, i dont see any reasons why it should not work for others.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 04:32:38 am »

What the guy's saying is the bottom of the screen is flat, and only the location of the bottom face matters.
If you place a flat screen on a table it's bottom face will be on the table, if it hangs correctly in a metal frame, its bottom edge will be again where it should be, whatever its thickness.

Edmund

what technical data do you want? this is not a black magic operation performed after the slaughtering of some animals !!! this is a nuts and bolts operation. once you have cut flash the lug on the side of the mamiya screen, the screen will fit perfectly on the receptacle of the contax 645 screen,it will slide in perfectly by removing the screws and holding angles only on one side. it will work for the only reason that you dont change the basics, the stacking of the screen inside the camera housing remains the same, the focusing is done on the lower face of the screen, the nearest to the mirror, therefore the variable of the screen thickness does not affect the performance. it worked for me perfectly, i dont see any reasons why it should not work for others.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157603\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up