Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 220ml and 110ml coexist?  (Read 3145 times)

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
220ml and 110ml coexist?
« on: November 29, 2007, 02:33:50 pm »

I have an epson 7880, and I am getting ready to purchase my first large format replacement ink cartridge.  Is there any reason that I can't run some cartridges with 110ml and others with 220ml?  I figured for the light colors that are used at the fastest rate, I would get large cartridges (yellow, light cyan, light magenta, light light black).  Actually, because of the cost savings, I may just convert all to 220ml, but I don't want to have to replace all at once.  It seems like it would be crazy to not be able to do them together, but sometimes these things don't seem logical.  

(Who would have thought you would have to change black cartridges to go back and forth between matte and glossy?)

I recall reading somewhere that some of the large format printers require the 220ml cartridges to stick out of the front of the machine.  I don't think the 7880 is like that.  Are the outside dimensions of the cartridge identical between 220? and 110?
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

Jakub

• http://www.wjakubowski.com
220ml and 110ml coexist?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 03:06:28 pm »

I have an epson 7880, and I am getting ready to purchase my first large format replacement ink cartridge.  Is there any reason that I can't run some cartridges with 110ml and others with 220ml?  I figured for the light colors that are used at the fastest rate, I would get large cartridges (yellow, light cyan, light magenta, light light black).  Actually, because of the cost savings, I may just convert all to 220ml, but I don't want to have to replace all at once.  It seems like it would be crazy to not be able to do them together, but sometimes these things don't seem logical. 

(Who would have thought you would have to change black cartridges to go back and forth between matte and glossy?)

I recall reading somewhere that some of the large format printers require the 220ml cartridges to stick out of the front of the machine.  I don't think the 7880 is like that.  Are the outside dimensions of the cartridge identical between 220? and 110?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157036\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
fike,
I have a 7800 printer. I'm certain the 7880 has the same updates the 7800 has.
The carts are the same physical size for both the 110's and 220's and there is no
reason you can't use 110's and 220's at the same time.

Walter
Walter
h

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
220ml and 110ml coexist?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 03:07:46 pm »

You can mix 110s and 220s.
Both cartridges are the same size.
They don't stick out.
It's very hard to predict what runs out when

Cheers
Brian
www.pharoseditions.com.au

sergio

• http://www.sergiobartelsman.com
220ml and 110ml coexist?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 05:11:49 pm »

I run 110 and 220 carts simultaneously on my 7600. No problem.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
220ml and 110ml coexist?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation on a simple question.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
220ml and 110ml coexist?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 06:57:26 pm »

I have an epson 7880, and I am getting ready to purchase my first large format replacement ink cartridge.  Is there any reason that I can't run some cartridges with 110ml and others with 220ml?  I figured for the light colors that are used at the fastest rate, I would get large cartridges (yellow, light cyan, light magenta, light light black).  Actually, because of the cost savings, I may just convert all to 220ml, but I don't want to have to replace all at once.  It seems like it would be crazy to not be able to do them together, but sometimes these things don't seem logical. 

I recall reading somewhere that some of the large format printers require the 220ml cartridges to stick out of the front of the machine.  I don't think the 7880 is like that.  Are the outside dimensions of the cartridge identical between 220? and 110?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157036\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Won't have to replace all at once ... ink consumption is affected dramatically by subject matter, etc.  Over time, these differences compound, so rarely does more than one or two inks run out at about the same time.

Neither size sticks out (didn't on the 9800 either) ... in fact is may be hard to tell what size is in each color visually. The printer will display how full the cartridge is relative to the size ... if you put in some 110's and some 220's, the panel will show they are all "full".  The challenge with different sizes may be understanding that one cartridge at 1/4 full only as about 25ml of ink left, while another has 50ml of ink left.

i2-lens

220ml and 110ml coexist?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:18:06 pm »

I received my 7880 about two weeks ago.  When it arrived, it did not come with a matte black cartridge.  I purchased one the next day in the 220ml size and put it in the printer along with the others (all 110ml size).  No problems at all.  

I purchased this printer to print primarily on matte papers so the photo black that comes with the printer will see very little use.  I was surprised that it only came with the photo black and not the matte black cartridge.

FYI, when I got the matte black cartridge, it is the same cartridge that is used for the 7800 printer as well (also 9800, etc).  I thought I read once that the printer cartridges were different. I guess I misread.

Fernand
Pages: [1]   Go Up