Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Vest Advise  (Read 12983 times)

Bill Chambers

Photo Vest Advise
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 12:28:18 pm »

I have a photo backpack that I hardly use. It's a Lowpro model and very nice, but it's not big enough for me. The waist belt never hits me on the waist where it should be, but up in the lower stomach area ,making it hard to breath and carry equipment. So it just sits in the closet.

I've pretty much given up on a photo backpack that will fit my frame: 6'3" and about 230 lbs exacerbated by 23 years in the gym lifting weights. Everything these days seems targeted to one size fits all 40 regular.

So I'm thinking about getting a vest to carry a light assortment of equipment shorter distances.

Does anyone have any ideas on something that actually is bigger than a ballet dancer's chest, torso, and arms? I don't care how much is costs as long as it does it's job for a long time and damn well fits me in the chest and arm area! LOL

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156896\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Another vote for Domke.  I'm 6', 250+ pounds, and the Domke XL was huge on me!  I ended up washing it in really hot water and drying on high heat in order to shrink it down to a size I could actually wear.  Unlike most manufacturers, Domke means it when they say XL!!!

mikeojohnson

Photo Vest Advise
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 01:42:21 pm »

Give this a look.
Mike

http://www.vestedinterest.com/

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Photo Vest Advise
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 04:08:40 pm »

Not cheap at $240.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157611\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Err, in the UK £120 is pretty cheap for a decent backpack. My Think Tank cost £250 and My LowePro cost £200. Too many Americans have absolutely no idea about expensive!!

The CS3 Creative Suite costs $4300 Dollars here, that's $1,900 more for the exact same product as for sale in the US. And I believe we get less aftersales benefits too. PS CS3 costs 50% more here, than it does in the States.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
Photo Vest Advise
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 09:09:36 pm »

Err, in the UK £120 is pretty cheap for a decent backpack. My Think Tank cost £250 and My LowePro cost £200. Too many Americans have absolutely no idea about expensive!!

The CS3 Creative Suite costs $4300 Dollars here, that's $1,900 more for the exact same product as for sale in the US. And I believe we get less aftersales benefits too. PS CS3 costs 50% more here, than it does in the States.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159313\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe it has something to do with a sort of boycott of American products? It should be less because I think the pound is worth more than the dollar, right? If not, then that may be why teh increase. Maybe teh pound is worth less than the dollar?  I mean when you go to the Adobe website, you can't buy it for the same price as the US version? One reason your products from the US will cost more is because of shipping costs. It's a long way. Also import tariffs. but when there is no like for like product, such as Adobe PSCS, I don't understand it.

Anyone know why this is?

BTW, I bought a Domke vest in XL from B&H for 69.00US I think.

Why can't you get an international money order and order products like that, given it's not an exchange rate problem.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 09:11:47 pm by dwdallam »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up