Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Perfection V750 Pro scanner and Adobe CS3  (Read 5617 times)

charlier

Epson Perfection V750 Pro scanner and Adobe CS3
« on: November 28, 2007, 09:31:56 pm »

I have an intel mac running OS v.10.4.11 and will soon update to OS 10.5.  I have a new Epson Perfection V750 Pro connected to the Mac via USB.  The Epson Twain driver is installed.  The problem is that upon opening Photoshop, I do not see the twain device (e.g., scanner) in photoshop under file/import.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Charlie

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:35:56 pm »

Which did you install first? The scanner or PS.

Photoshop must be installed first for the twain plugin to installwhen you setup the scanner software. Try uninstalling the scanner and reinstalling.

Anyway that is the way it is on a PC.

HTH

Rich

charlier

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:44:10 pm »

On a Mac, it should not make a difference, but in anycase I installed CS3 first - followed by a many MB of updates from Adobe.  I will reinstall the scanner software and twain driver.  Lets see if that works...  Charlie

quote=Richowens,Nov 28 2007, 08:35 PM]
Which did you install first? The scanner or PS.

Photoshop must be installed first for the twain plugin to installwhen you setup the scanner software. Try uninstalling the scanner and reinstalling.

Anyway that is the way it is on a PC.

HTH

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156831\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

shootergirl

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 03:30:11 pm »

I have an intel mac running OS v.10.4.11 and will soon update to OS 10.5.  I have a new Epson Perfection V750 Pro connected to the Mac via USB.  The Epson Twain driver is installed.  The problem is that upon opening Photoshop, I do not see the twain device (e.g., scanner) in photoshop under file/import.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Charlie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156812\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For the life of me, I can't find it on the web and I've been Googling furiously. (Sounds like something out of a Dr. Seuss book!  ). Anyway, from what I understand, the Epson twain driver doesn't work in CS3. I've resorted to running Epson Scan separately and saving a TIFF, which I then open up in Photoshop. I miss being able to do it directly from Photoshop.

Donna

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 04:35:05 pm »

I second the incompability of CS3 and the twain driver. If you want to use Silverfast, just use it as a stand alone. It will run faster than every pic popping up in PS after the scan. So it will be easier to batch scan.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 05:16:48 pm »

I have an intel mac running OS v.10.4.11 and will soon update to OS 10.5.  I have a new Epson Perfection V750 Pro connected to the Mac via USB.  The Epson Twain driver is installed.  The problem is that upon opening Photoshop, I do not see the twain device (e.g., scanner) in photoshop under file/import.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Charlie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156812\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you are running CS3 on MacIntel, you'll need to determine if the plug-in is Universal Binary (the adds are REAL GOOD that it is not). Thus, if it's not you would only be able to use the plug-in if you launch CS3 in Rosetta (not a great idea). Just install the Epson stand alone scanner drives and don't worry about trying to scan into Photoshop. Scan as a tiff and open in Photoshop.

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:32:12 pm »

The latest Epson Twain Driver for the V-750 is Universal Binary: TWAIN Universal Binary Driver v3.03Aa.

I have it installed on my MacPro running Leopard 10.51 and it works fine with my V-750 via Photoshop CS3 import.
Gerald J Skrocki

charlier

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 09:08:40 pm »

Jerry is correct.  In my rush to load software, I must of screwed up.  I uninstalled the Epson scanner software and reinstalled it.  I rebooted.  Then I uninstalled TWAIN Universal Binary Driver v3.03Aa and reinstalled the driver.  The driver is available on the Epson support download page.

1) The Epson scanning software works fine as a stand alone.
2) The Twain driver works fine with CS3 under Tiger.  It also works fine with Leopard.

I did read that the drivers were not compatible with CS3, but as Jerry mentions, CS3 import function works fine with V750 Pro scanner.  Cheers, Charlie

The latest Epson Twain Driver for the V-750 is Universal Binary: TWAIN Universal Binary Driver v3.03Aa.

I have it installed on my MacPro running Leopard 10.51 and it works fine with my V-750 via Photoshop CS3 import.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157082\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up