Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archiving in LR  (Read 2439 times)

LarryGSR

Archiving in LR
« on: November 28, 2007, 04:03:15 pm »

Hi,

One more newbie,  Can LR archive to CD or DVD and leave thumbnails in the catalog and if so how .  

LarryGSR

genemcc

• http://pixveritas.com
Archiving in LR
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:37:25 pm »

I don't think LR will directly burn CDs or DVDs but you can export full files and then trigger your DVD burning software from export.

LR will retain the images in the catalog even for offline media.  Off course, if the file referenced by the thumbnail is offline there isn't much you can do besides look at it (but that can be very useful)
Gene
Li

flash

Archiving in LR
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:56:34 pm »

I export each shoot I process as its own catalogue with previews. I then burn that catalogue and the RAW files to DVD using any DVD burning software. After a few months, when I know I won't need them I delete the RAW's and 1:1 previews from my main HDD. That way the thumnails are there for the DAM functions.

This is an addition to my general catalogue backups, so I now have two copies of each catalogue if needed.

Gordon

LarryGSR

Archiving in LR
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 01:56:36 pm »

I don't think LR will directly burn CDs or DVDs but you can export full files and then trigger your DVD burning software from export.

LR will retain the images in the catalog even for offline media.  Off course, if the file referenced by the thumbnail is offline there isn't much you can do besides look at it (but that can be very useful)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157346\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the help.  I just can't figure out how to do it.  Do I make a catalog for each DVD (that could be a lot of catalogs) and is there a limit to how many thumbnails LR can hold?

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up