Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying Settings  (Read 2629 times)

msmack

Copying Settings
« on: November 27, 2007, 02:20:22 pm »

In the Develop Mode, I have used several settings and several presets to arrive at an image I really like.  Now, I want to apply these same settings and presets to other images.  How can I do this?

Merrill

dedalus

Copying Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 04:48:23 pm »

In the Develop Mode, I have used several settings and several presets to arrive at an image I really like.  Now, I want to apply these same settings and presets to other images.  How can I do this?

Merrill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes you can. Go to the library mode an select all the pics you wan to apply your
settings to. Make shure that the picture you want to copy from is the "most selected"
picture. You may click it once more, so that it it is lighter rhan the other selected.
Then click the "Sync settings" button in the bottom of the right panel and in the
dialog that opens select the parameters you want to copy to your pictures.

genemcc

• http://pixveritas.com
Copying Settings
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 11:22:31 pm »

If you have the filmstrip panel open at the bottom in Develop module you can also make the selections there and save a trip back to Library module.  
Gene
Li

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Copying Settings
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 11:54:34 pm »

There's a difference between clicking on the 'image' part of each photo and clicking on the frame SURROUNDING the photo itself.  If you have more than one photo selected in the filmstrip for example and click on the photo part of one image, it becomes the 'most selected' image.  If you have more than one photo selected and click on the frame of one of the images, it becomes the ONLY selected image.  Try it and you'll see.

If you're in the Develop module and you have your images selected (and the current edit as the most selected), you can click on the 'Synch...' button to apply changes to all of them.  If you want to copy the settings to only one photo, what you can do is (in the Develop module) click on the photo in the filmstrip that has the edits you want, then click on the photo to which you want to apply the changes and in the place of the 'Synch...' button you'll have a 'Previous' button.  Lightroom will apply the develop settings of the previously selected image to the current image.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

msmack

Copying Settings
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:03:48 am »

Thank you all.  With your help I accomplished what I needed to do.

Merrill
Pages: [1]   Go Up