Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giving Thierry a break with a Evolution75H Questio  (Read 2338 times)

Ed Jack

Giving Thierry a break with a Evolution75H Questio
« on: November 27, 2007, 07:31:15 am »

Thierry,
          are the new Sinarbacks available in the UK yet:

The new sinarbacks: Sinarback 54 MC digital back (small and presumably good value) and the multi-shot ("real colour") Sinarback eVolution 75H have been out for a bit now. The later in particular is genuinely a unique product - being I believe the first implementation of the 33MP sensor in Multishot. Yes they are tethered, but with the fast Mac computers with their great batteries, I wonder whether these can be used one the move to some extent better than say the H25 could have been (power hungry tethered). Anyone know how quickly this back drains the high capacity battery of a New Mac Book Pro as it is I assume "on all the time" rather than a shot by shot basis? Sinar’s Thierry.. why not make an "image bank" style of accessory for this back like Hasselblad’s still does with its backs, which is a self-contained battery and storage running a basic operating system in a small self contained box ?

Is multi-shot only there to make sure there is no Moire, or would you also use it to ensure accurate colour (above and beyond tweaking in photoshop). Do you get more actual resolution in the 4-shot mode... or am I thinking of the old iXpress imacon backs with their 8 shot solution ? I have heard people say that things look "sharper" ?

Presuamly using a multi-shot back limmits you to certain raw converters that know how to open and re-combine into a sinle image all that data, or is teh RAW file from these able to be directly opened in lightroom etc ?

Does Peltier cooling mean less noise at higher iso (800), or have you seen no evidence of this. Maybe better long exposure noise control, which I think for the Dalsa chip limits expsure to about 40  seconds before hte image looks bad at the moment ?

Any comments ?
Who in London would demo one of these.. PM me a dealers e-mail address please.

PS do these backs all work with an adaptor plate system availalbe for every make of camera (more or less) ?

Ed

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Giving Thierry a break with a Evolution75H Questio
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 08:05:05 am »

Dear Ed,

please read my answer/comments below and under your questions.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need further information.

Best regards,
Thierry

are the new Sinarbacks available in the UK yet:
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156379\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, of course: the eVolution 75 H is available worldwide since March '07.

The new sinarbacks: Sinarback 54 MC digital back (small and presumably good value) and the multi-shot ("real colour") Sinarback eVolution 75H have been out for a bit now. The later in particular is genuinely a unique product - being I believe the first implementation of the 33MP sensor in Multishot. Yes they are tethered, but with the fast Mac computers with their great batteries, I wonder whether these can be used one the move to some extent better than say the H25 could have been (power hungry tethered). Anyone know how quickly this back drains the high capacity battery of a New Mac Book Pro as it is I assume "on all the time" rather than a shot by shot basis?

The eVolution 75 does not need more battery than any other back, as per my experience. How long the battery of your Mac will last is impossible to say: it depends of the state of your battery. But 2 hours on a new MBP should be a minimum.

Is multi-shot only there to make sure there is no Moire, or would you also use it to ensure accurate colour (above and beyond tweaking in photoshop). Do you get more actual resolution in the 4-shot mode... or am I thinking of the old iXpress imacon backs with their 8 shot solution ? I have heard people say that things look "sharper" ?

The multishot mode is not only there to avoid Moiré. The multishot is the only mode allowing true and un-interpolated colors, by registering for each pixel all 3 basic (RGB) colors (the GREEN color being captured 2 times for each pixel). The 4-shot does not increase the resolution as compared to the single shot, BUT does provide UN-INTERPOLATED data as per opposition to the same INTERPOLATED 1-shot data (same as per file size, not quality).

Presuamly using a multi-shot back limmits you to certain raw converters that know how to open and re-combine into a sinle image all that data, or is teh RAW file from these able to be directly opened in lightroom etc ?[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156379\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, the multishot files are all "combined" in our capturing software (Captureshop).

Does Peltier cooling mean less noise at higher iso (800), or have you seen no evidence of this. Maybe better long exposure noise control, which I think for the Dalsa chip limits expsure to about 40  seconds before hte image looks bad at the moment ?

Peltier cooling does reduce the noise to the minimum possible, yes. There is also a feature allowing to make a "Black Reference" right before the actual shot and which empties the pixels from the residual noise before taking the shot. This being said, noise depends also on the temperature of the location where you are: the hotter the more noise.

Who in London would demo one of these.. PM me a dealers e-mail address please.

I PMed you our distributor's contacts and details.

PS do these backs all work with an adaptor plate system availalbe for every make of camera (more or less) ?

Yes, of course, like any Sinarback. The eVolution 75 is actually using the very same adapter plates as the SB 54 M/MC.

Ed
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 08:08:34 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up