Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TheImagingFactory, gone  (Read 11116 times)

paulbk

TheImagingFactory, gone
« on: November 27, 2007, 02:54:41 am »

fyi..  sad to read this from theimagingfactory.com

Dear Customer!

Due to technical as well as personal reasons I have decided to stop development of my plugins and hence cease operation of theimagingfactory. The code structure for both platforms was based on the Metrowerks compiler and transfering the code to new compilers for different platforms has proven to be a task beyond my capacity. It would also have been a very time consuming task to rebuild the code which would seriously hinder product innovations that have been long overdue already.

I can therefore no longer competitively sustain the products. In addition I have come to a point in my life where I have to embark on a new and important personal venture which I find does not combine well with the demands of operating theimagingfactory as it is.

While no golden mountain, theimagingfactory has kept me floating, and I have seriously enjoyed your business and trust in my products. The numerous appreciative e-mails I have received, the "raving" reviews I've had, the resulting images I have witnessed, they all add to a sense of fulfillment I have come to experience during the course of operation.

It clearly has never been my intention to sell products based on false claims and pretentions. Those mac users that have recently purchased products based on the assumption that an Intel version would become available are entitled to a refund. Obviously I hope the products have served you well regardless, but if you do not believe the purchase to be useful, you can contact me for a refund.

The products will remain available for download for as long as I can reasonably afford to do so, but you are strongly advised to make backups yourself ASAP.

I hereby wish everyone lots of great imaging opportunities and greet you with warmest regards,
Oscar Rysdyk
founder and owner
paul b.k.
New England, USA

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
TheImagingFactory, gone
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:42:28 am »

That is very sad news, but I wish him well.

I'm happy to report that my ConvertToBW Pro plugin for CS2 on Windows XP works just fine as well in CS3. Yes, there are zillions of other ways to do B&W conversions, but for someone who spent many years in the wet darkroom, there is nothing that comes close to ConvertToBW Pro in terms of ease of use, versatility, and excellent user interface.

-Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

sniper

TheImagingFactory, gone
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:15:14 pm »

Yes I'm also sorry to see him go, but if he reads this.  Good luck for the future, and thanks for the great plug-ins Oscar.  Wayne
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:15:52 pm by sniper »

Arizona

TheImagingFactory, gone
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:27 pm »

One of my favorite B&W converters.
Glen

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
TheImagingFactory, gone
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 11:07:56 pm »

I agree - I've been using it for years. I must admit that with the new B&W conversion capability in Lightroom CR 4.x and PSCS3 I have not used it recently, but I like the idea of having it in the tool box, because it is capable of easily providing certain effects that are more involved to achieve without it. I also appreciated Oscar's way of doing business - a real gentleman.

Mark
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

DarkPenguin

TheImagingFactory, gone
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 11:09:32 pm »

Too bad he didn't open source it.  I mean if he has no intention of ever going back to it.

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
TheImagingFactory, gone
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 11:59:49 pm »

Paul, thanks for the news--I had not seen that yet. I too liked Convert to B/W Pro; I posted a screenshot and some examples here.

Another example of lost but excellent plug-in software can be read about on this forum. It's a tough business!
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

I Simonius

Re: TheImagingFactory, gone - contact help please!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 12:14:02 pm »

I have been trying to buy theimagingfactory debarrelizer but as the site is non operational and I can't contact theowner I would appreciate anyone lending a hand contacting the owner

I am on ( and will be staying on) a PPC mac and since recently using the Canon 15mm fisheye find the debarreliser trial effective.

I know image trends hemi plug in is similar but i have foundthere are instances where one will work much better than the other

Any help obtaining this plug in would be appreciated

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:27:14 am by I Simonius »

I Simonius

Re: TheImagingFactory, gone
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 05:28:42 am »

I would also be happy to buy it from someone who has it but no longer needs it due to upgrading to an Intel Mac.

(provided it is a bona fide paid-for copy!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up