Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom OR Portfolio/iView  (Read 1806 times)

gehle

Lightroom OR Portfolio/iView
« on: November 26, 2007, 09:53:29 am »

Searching the archive of posts I see some discussion of using LR as a DAM but the posts are from when LR was still a beta. What is the concensous on LR as a DAM? Are there any areas where it falls short compared to iView or Portfolio?

Ken Gehle

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 11:01:25 am »

I used iView for a while (before LR came out) but I use LR now for all of my DAM needs. I am not as dedicated as some are regarding DAM, but I keyword and label everything. I really like having everything in one place in LR.
Eric Chan

gehle

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 11:39:57 am »

Eric,

Is there anything that you miss by using LR? I have Portfolio but feel like you that LR may be a better overall solution.

Ken Gehle

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 12:12:52 pm »

Eric,

Is there anything that you miss by using LR? I have Portfolio but feel like you that LR may be a better overall solution.

Ken Gehle
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156109\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Portfolio is multi-user.  If you need a multi-user DAM then that's hugely important.  LR is a single-user solution; you cannot have multi-user access to the same catalogue.

I see no advantage to Microsoft Expression Media (LOL) over LR, at all.  It is also a single-user cataloging app, that can't do any real editing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up