Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new serie  (Read 2758 times)

rbayle

new serie
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:13:12 am »

last serie I made.
beautiful light in the fog...

any comments?

tanks
romain
romain bayle pictures

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
new serie
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 04:23:17 pm »

Hi Romain,
The triptych is a bit small for me to see the detail enough to comment on each photograph individually, but I would like to offer some initial thoughts on the arrangement of the triptych.

I find it better to have the relationship of elements in a triptych not only just subject matter, but compositionally cohesive as a whole. I can see the point of country - city - sea, but visually it seems a bit disjointed to me. I found your placement of each image not contributing to the fluidity and unity of the triptych.

I do see where you are coming from by placing the strong vertical bridge support in the middle, but the brightness of the sun seems to be more prominent. Having the sun-centrally image placed on the right seems to unbalance the composition of the composite. I would place it in the centre.

The flow and curve of the bridge draws the eye to the right, so I would place it on the left to create movement into the composition.

The trees are bending to the left, so I would place them on the right, to help encapsulate the movement within the composition.

These are just my thoughts...and hey... it mightn't work at all with these suggestions, but I wouldn't mind having a look if it wasn't too much trouble.

Julie
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:10:57 pm by jule »

rbayle

new serie
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:23:26 pm »

Hi Romain,
The triptych is a bit small for me to see the detail enough to comment on each photograph individually, but I would like to offer some initial thoughts on the arrangement of the triptych.

I find it better to have the relationship of elements in a triptych not only just subject matter, but compositionally cohesive as a whole. I can see the point of country - city - sea, but visually it seems a bit disjointed to me. I found your placement of each image not contributing to the fluidity and unity of the triptych.

I do see where you are coming from by placing the strong vertical bridge support in the middle, but the brightness of the sun seems to be more prominent. Having the sun-centrally image placed on the right seems to unbalance the composition of the composite. I would place it in the centre.

The flow and curve of the bridge draws the eye to the right, so I would place it on the left to create movement into the composition.

The trees are bending to the left, so I would place them on the right, to help encapsulate the movement within the composition.

These are just my thoughts...and hey... it mightn't work at all with these suggestions, but I wouldn't mind having a look if it wasn't too much trouble.

Julie
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hello Julie,

good to have your comments again.

I tried your placement, it's interesting too.
the way I placed the pictures are more the way they appear on my way to work.
they were all shot in vancouver the same day, one of these winter day in vancouver, with a lot of fog and big sun behind...
last year I did that photo:
[a href=\"http://www.trevillion.com/bin/trevillion.dll/go?a=disp&pt=1&t=us\sr-loadersearch.html&si=BF9D1DFF130C4AD6B6F277CF41154B&usp=0&_spb=0&_spe=0&_spw=0&mw=2&_collection=&se=29&_filterori=&searchtext=romain%20bayle]http://www.trevillion.com/bin/trevillion.d...=romain%20bayle[/url]
(the one with the birds)

thanks again for your comments
romain
romain bayle pictures
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 07:24:25 pm by rbayle »
Pages: [1]   Go Up