Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hy6 Michael's review  (Read 58447 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2007, 01:29:06 pm »

Like I said the data is not being transferred yet. I believe this will be sorted in the future via a firmware upgrade to the body and back.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does this mean the data is not being transferred to the exif data or does this mean the data is not being used at all by the back?

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2007, 05:27:29 pm »

as for the Sinar Hy6, the RGB data coming from the sensor IS used by the back (for color balance), but not transfered to the software currently.

Best regards,
Thierry

Does this mean the data is not being transferred to the exif data or does this mean the data is not being used at all by the back?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »

Dear EPd,

Those are the EXIF data transfered to the SW.

Of course, the RGB sensor's information is transfered to the back, for the color balance, but not (yet) to the SW.

Best regards,
Thierry

No colour temperature info from the camera to the back? What's the RGB sensor doing then?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156298\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2007, 10:02:25 pm »

Dear EPd,

Let me some time to answer this: I honestly don't know yet and it was not my real preoccupation until now.

Thanks for your patience,
Thierry

Thanks for that info, Thierry. Your answer puzzles me, though. So if the RGB-sensor info is transferred to the back, but the back will not transfer this info to the software, how is this info actually influencing the final image? I suppose RAW data itself will not be influenced (or it would no longer be RAW, would it?). The RGB-sensor info is needed to interprete the RAW data correctly for conversion to TIFF with the software. But if the software does not read the RGB-sensor info, how can the back use this info for the color balance, as you say? Does the back translate it into something that can be read by the software? Or is the RGB-sensor info transferred to the back where it ends up in hyperspace?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156817\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

TechTalk

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2007, 11:34:17 pm »

AFAIK the Hasselblad H`s 90 degree finder works also with mirrors instead of a prism. I thought that was the reason why the finder of the Hasselblad H is so much better than the finder of the Mamiya AFD ?

So it seems to me there were neither financial reasons nor concerns about the weight but simply the intention to make the best finder available?

Bernd
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156073\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The H 90° prism finder is just that–a prism finder.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

H1/A75 Guy

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2007, 12:00:37 pm »

"There will also be a reflex viewfinder available, which will obviate the need to mount the back in a different orientation. Just turn the camera sideways. But this is not without problems. Hand held is one thing, but when tripod mounted this can be awkward and limiting, making an L bracket highly desirable. If someone like Really Right Stuff gets around to making an L bracket for the Hy6 the way they do for the Hasselblad H that would be ideal."

Hi Michael,

Just a thought.. There currently is no Rollie SCA module similar to the Hassey SCA 3902 module that would support a Metz (off camera) flash on an L Bracket.

David

thsinar

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2007, 03:43:58 am »

EPd,

Sorry for my late reply on this, but I wanted to make sure.

I should have written the RGB data "will be transfered", since it needs Exposure AND a FW update of the eMotion backs.

Currently, the EXIF data available are the one I have listed up previously: those data are transfered to Exposure, and are YET available (with the current Exposure Beta). Michael did not have Exposure for his testing and review.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks for that info, Thierry. Your answer puzzles me, though. So if the RGB-sensor info is transferred to the back, but the back will not transfer this info to the software, how is this info actually influencing the final image? I suppose RAW data itself will not be influenced (or it would no longer be RAW, would it?). The RGB-sensor info is needed to interprete the RAW data correctly for conversion to TIFF with the software. But if the software does not read the RGB-sensor info, how can the back use this info for the color balance, as you say? Does the back translate it into something that can be read by the software? Or is the RGB-sensor info transferred to the back where it ends up in hyperspace?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156817\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2007, 04:18:48 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 04:19:47 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

thsinar

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2007, 05:03:46 am »

EPd,

why the hell are you always and each time looking for arguments! Who designed what has been said, many times, and released officially in a PR.

Now concerning the RGB information: I am SORRY, I try to give the information I have, and when I don't have it, I am looking to get it. I have corrected as soon as it was clear for me. So why make all this fuss?

Now, and to be clear, this is not my job to be here, I am not even here on request of my employer, solely by my own decision and "fun". I am here to inform and help whatever I can, since I enjoy to be here and speak/share/communicate with fellow photographers, but not to be attacked each time and over again. I have corrected as soon as it was clear for me. So why make all this fuss?

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

Thanks for the correction. So basically the situation is the same as with the Leaf version, as described by Yair earlier in this thread? Since this RGB-sensor feature is described in Sinar's list of USP's would it not be better to be upfront clear about it not being a USP yet? (I feel I want to say a lot of unpleasant things now about who designed what about this camera, but we've been through that discussion already before. Let me conclude that this is a "great" sample of integrated design by Jenoptik.)

EPd
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157922\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

michael

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2007, 06:17:02 am »

Thierry,

Welcome to the wonderful world of online discourse.  

Michael

thsinar

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2007, 06:18:56 am »

Thanks Michael!

It's fun, but not always. Trying my best, even if it's little!

Thierry

Thierry,

Welcome to the wonderful world of online discourse.   

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Mike W

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2007, 06:30:25 am »

Don't worry about it , Thierry.
Your input is always valuable, and bitching is the name of the online game, I'm afraid.

Folks...If you don't like this version of the camera, don't buy it, or wait for the next release.
That is, if you can afford it anyways....I'm not targeting anyone specific, I'm just refering to Michaels Ferrari-Syndrome observation.

regards,

Mike

thsinar

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2007, 02:04:57 pm »

EPd,

same applies to you: "Why the hell do you always and everytime want to have the final word"!

It is certainly not you who shall stop me to write. You are actually wrong: when I am out of arguments I simply say it and am not afraid to say that I don't know, which seems not be the case for you.

Back to the facts:

You had asked a question (which was containing already negatives remarks and agressively written). I have answered this question with patience, honestly and with true information. Again you did then find it appropriate to "put" some dubious remarks about Jenoptik (great" sample of integrated design by Jenoptik).

I feel sorry for you, but when remarks like this are written, I shall always answer! And if my tunnel-minded vision does annoy you, then just skip my next posts, that's the most simple solution.

And finally, I do not need such comments as "respects anyway", after such posts from you: this is all but respect.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

Why the hell do you always and everytime want to have the final word, even if you are completely out of arguments? I would appreciate it if you would know when to stop reacting, now and then. (Especially when claiming that your info is based on facts and mine would be based on opinion.) Your effort is truly appreciated too, but your tunnel-minded vision is sometimes very annoying as well. (My personal view; I do not intend to speak for anyone else here.)

Respect anyway.

EPd
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=158185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2007, 05:05:16 pm »

EPd, Thierry, could you guys use your time more constructively ? Enough already !

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2007, 05:22:06 pm »

Thierry,

Thanks for the correction. So basically the situation is the same as with the Leaf version, as described by Yair earlier in this thread? Since this RGB-sensor feature is described in Sinar's list of USP's would it not be better to be upfront clear about it not being a USP yet? (I feel I want to say a lot of unpleasant things now about who designed what about this camera, but we've been through that discussion already before. Let me conclude that this is a "great" sample of integrated design by Jenoptik.)

EPd
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157922\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

EPd,

Not sure what you are complaining about here:

- The camera is not there yet, but Thierry has given you a clear answer as to what would be needed to get there,
- It seems to me that with FW update and the latest software, the camera will have the capability you are requesting.

It is of course your prerogative not to buy until it gets there, but that all there is to it really.

Cheers,
Bernard

michael

Hy6 Michael's review
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2007, 05:32:49 pm »

I'm going to close this topic. Lots of heat and not enough light any more.

Further discussions of the Hy6 and Sinar backs can be started in a new thread.

Michael
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up