Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Michael's Assignment" - an idea  (Read 6236 times)

Provokot

• http://www.pauldaveycreative.co.uk
"Michael's Assignment" - an idea
« on: November 25, 2007, 12:21:27 pm »

Michael.  I'd be very interested to see - and participate in - a weekly/monthly themed photographic "assignment" where forum members are all asked to shoot and post their own photograph on a dedicated thread.

I think it would be fascinating to see the various interpretations of the brief, to read the various comments/critiques etc...

Themes could be specific, for example, "By the Water" or more abstract – "Solitude" etc.

Challenge us!

Thanks

Paul

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:52:39 pm »

This could be set up to be self managing.  Ie winner is based on votes (I assume the Board software supports this?) and the winner chooses the next months topic.

Having said that, this site has a certain culture or "viewership" that hasn't responded with critical mass to this kind of thing in the past.

We used to do an occasional post processing challenge that was kind of fun - usually a raw image was made available (which distinguished it from the other web based processing challenges.)

Provokot

• http://www.pauldaveycreative.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 02:00:25 pm »

This could be set up to be self managing.  Ie winner is based on votes (I assume the Board software supports this?) and the winner chooses the next months topic.

Having said that, this site has a certain culture or "viewership" that hasn't responded with critical mass to this kind of thing in the past.

We used to do an occasional post processing challenge that was kind of fun - usually a raw image was made available (which distinguished it from the other web based processing challenges.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155835\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd like to see how people interpret the brief, what others' views/comments/criticisms are - I don't necessarily see it as a competition - although I do see the merits of that too...

michael

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 02:35:13 pm »

I had something very similar to this about 6 or 7 years ago. It was fun, but after a while it got to be a lot of work to administer.

There are other sites that do this type of thing, so I'd rather not do it here again.

Michael

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 02:43:29 pm »

I had something very similar to this about 6 or 7 years ago. It was fun, but after a while it got to be a lot of work to administer.

There are other sites that do this type of thing, so I'd rather not do it here again.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155849\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not suggesting this is the case, but what an interesting way of photographic phishing(?) that could be; and RAW too!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up