Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One platform change policy  (Read 4448 times)

vjbelle

Phase One platform change policy
« on: November 22, 2007, 03:16:56 pm »

In the latest newsletter of Phaseplus (October 2007) Mr. Struckmann gave the official position of Phase One regarding platform changes for DB owners.  The official policy is as follows:

Extended Phase One offering - 3
years of free Camera Platform
choice!
Phase One is the only digital
back manufacturer to offer professional
photographers the freedom of choice to switch
from one camera platform to another in a
cost-free or minimal cost exchange program.
This 1 year program is now extended to 3
years. All Phase One Value Added backs can be
exchanged to a new platform, cost-free, within
36 months of the original purchase date. All
Phase One Classic backs can be exchanged for
a nominal fee within the first 12 months. If
the Classic warranty has expired, a slightly
higher fee will be charged in months 13 to 36
from purchase date.

This published policy differs from the response given by Mr. Håkonsson to Michael Reichmann during their telephone interview.  I am going to assume that the published position is accurate.  

Victor

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 04:21:27 pm »

I have nothing against Phase but I find it somewhat disingenuous of Phase to say that a value added back can be exchanged for free when you need to pay for the value added package to begin with.

Also, I don't know how this compares to other parts of the world but my Swedish friend who changed mount on a P30 'classic' after 6 months had to pay 30,000 SEK ($4,774) - hardly a 'nominal fee'!

They also ignore the fact that other backs can work on multiple mounts thanks to adapters, which is even better than changing to a fixed mount.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 04:22:42 pm by foto-z »

vjbelle

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 05:32:54 pm »

I have nothing against Phase but I find it somewhat disingenuous of Phase to say that a value added back can be exchanged for free when you need to pay for the value added package to begin with.

Also, I don't know how this compares to other parts of the world but my Swedish friend who changed mount on a P30 'classic' after 6 months had to pay 30,000 SEK ($4,774) - hardly a 'nominal fee'!

They also ignore the fact that other backs can work on multiple mounts thanks to adapters, which is even better than changing to a fixed mount.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155044\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Phase is not the best in communicating with its customer base.  However, in my experiences they have not only exchanged backs for me but adjusted my back to perfectly match my current H2 camera.  If they were to waiver from their published platform exchange policy they would certainly lose my business.  I would hope that would not be the case.  

Victor

JDG

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 09:34:07 pm »

From speaking with phase reps, the fee to switch mounts with a classic warranty has been lowered substantially.  I disagree that it is disingenuous, the cost of the 3 year warranty has not changed and what you are really paying for is free repair and loaner units.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:38:33 pm »

I dont know for others, but Sinar has a STANDARD 3-Year warranty and no costs for this.

Best regards,
Thierry

From speaking with phase reps, the fee to switch mounts with a classic warranty has been lowered substantially.  I disagree that it is disingenuous, the cost of the 3 year warranty has not changed and what you are really paying for is free repair and loaner units.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155105\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 10:38:13 pm »

I dont know for others, but Sinar has a STANDARD 3-Year warranty and no costs for this.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155106\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah but how do your prices stack up against the competition?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:39:40 pm by Henry Goh »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 11:04:27 pm »

check out by yourself, and you will find that in contrary to the believe of some, Sinar is not more expensive.

best regards,
Thierry

Yeah but how do your prices stack up against the competition?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155115\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 11:57:11 pm »

check out by yourself, and you will find that in contrary to the believe of some, Sinar is not more expensive.

best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155121\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you publish your prices?  I don't recall seeing any listing.  Will be good if I can find a link to some official price list.

TechTalk

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 12:03:36 am »

Do you publish your prices?  I don't recall seeing any listing.  Will be good if I can find a link to some official price list.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Very easy to find on the Sinar Bron home page, but to make it even easier...  [a href=\"http://sinarbron.com/documents/Sinar_Pricing_2007.pdf]Sinar Price List Link[/url]
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Mort54

• http://
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 12:21:55 am »

Come on everybody - let's play nice :-)

The eMotion 75 back (33 Mpix), with standard 3 year warranty, has a list price $990 lower than the list price of the P45+ (39 Mpix) with optional 3 year warranty. So for the same warranty, the Sinar is slightly less expensive. But then again, the Phase gives you an extra 6 Mpix, so lets call it even. You can get either wonderful back, with 3 year warranty, for virtually the same price. Personally, I got my P45+, with the extended warranty, for way, way less than the list price. And I'm sure Sinar backs can be bought well below list price as well. It's six of one, and half a dozen of the other.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:26:13 am by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

lance_schad

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 12:45:59 am »

Come on everybody - let's play nice :-)

The eMotion 75 back (33 Mpix), with standard 3 year warranty, has a list price $990 lower than the list price of the P45+ (39 Mpix) with optional 3 year warranty. So for the same warranty, the Sinar is slightly less expensive. But then again, the Phase gives you an extra 6 Mpix, so lets call it even. You can get either wonderful back, with 3 year warranty, for virtually the same price. Personally, I got my P45+, with the extended warranty, for way, way less than the list price. And I'm sure Sinar backs can be bought well below list price as well. It's six of one, and half a dozen of the other.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155135\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe this will clear things up a little. Here is a little description of the Value Added Configuration vs Classic Configuration. You can see that the Value Added Configuration is just more than extra warranty.

When you purchase your Phase One back with the Value Added Configuration you not only get the 3 year warranty with loaner, and the platform swap for three years, you get a larger carrying case, a dual battery charger with two batteries and Capture One Pro software and all the regular accessories.. This is $3000(usd) over the Classic Configuration , which come in a smaller Pelecin style case, One Year return to factory warranty with no loaner provision*,single battery, single charger, Capture One DB and some other accessories.

So if you were to purchase a unit in the Classic Configuration and want to change your platform later $2500(usd) and add Capture One Pro $495(usd) you are right up at the price of the Value Add configuration.

Most of the people that have bought Classic Configuration from me have been people that can afford to have downtime or they already own multiple backs so they have back up in case of an emergency.

Hope this helps.

* loaner provisions differ per market, check with your local reseller.

If you really want a full packing list for Classic vs Value Add - PM or email me. I did not feel it would be necessary to list every cable and such.

Now back to eating leftover turkey!

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami
305-394-3196
lance@captureintegration.com
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:15:00 pm by lance_schad »
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS
Pages: [1]   Go Up