Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus on tethered mode with a PC?  (Read 9005 times)

jing q

• we are super
Leaf Aptus on tethered mode with a PC?
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:52:40 am »

anyone have luck running a Leaf Aptus on tethered mode on a PC?
I'm using my 75S on windows XP Leaf Capture 11...with an external DC adapter to my PCMCIA firewire 800 card the Leaf back boots up but it doesn't tether, just shows that it's powered externally.

BigWooha

• http://www.graemewaugh.com
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 02:02:58 am »

Does this mean you have a version of capture 11 that works on a PC?

I'm still trying to find a downloadable beta version of Capture 10 that worked with windows so i can work tethered at all.

On the note of your issue, have you had the back connected to your pc previously before using capture 11?

If so it might be worth going into the hardware managment (device manager)and removing the appropriate hardware. This may help reassociate it with the software.

Regards
Graeme

PS. If you can help with my lack of windows usable capture, it would be much appreciated

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 02:10:49 am »

Does this mean you have a version of capture 11 that works on a PC?

I'm still trying to find a downloadable beta version of Capture 10 that worked with windows so i can work tethered at all.

On the note of your issue, have you had the back connected to your pc previously before using capture 11?

If so it might be worth going into the hardware managment (device manager)and removing the appropriate hardware. This may help reassociate it with the software.
Regards
Graeme

PS. If you can help with my lack of windows usable capture, it would be much appreciated
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154873\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes I got a working version...I got lucky I think, checked the FTP server and there it was in all its glory. I posted a snapshot of my screen regarding this before, check my previous posts. Is there some file server I can upload the program then you can download it?

regarding my issue, tethered mode works on my desktop with the PCI firewire card but it's not working on the laptop that's all. the PCMCIA card needs an external DC adapter to power up the firewire bus...so that works but the back doesn't register on the computer. just powers up as if an external powersource was connected.

BigWooha

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 03:06:04 am »

Have you ever had any cameras or other equipment on the card working on your laptop, and has the bios recognised the card at all?

It could be something to do with the PCI power bus managment,  You could try updating your BIOS.

I usually transfer files with www.sendthisfile.com it's pretty quick and free too, my email is graeme.waugh@btconnect.com if you get time to send it.

Regards
Graeme

BigWooha

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 03:17:39 am »

Just found this aswell, I know it's an ipod but the principle is the same.

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=98420

Regards
Graeme

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 03:48:18 am »

Just found this aswell, I know it's an ipod but the principle is the same.

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=98420

Regards
Graeme
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154886\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

unfortunately it doesn't work...
I'm sending you the file by yousendit.com
try it out and see if it works for you...try tethering too, on a laptop. I'm sure there's a way...

Henry Goh

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 03:53:09 am »

jing, sounds like Firewire power issue.  Your desktop did not show this problem right?

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 03:57:58 am »

jing, sounds like Firewire power issue.  Your desktop did not show this problem right?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154899\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the back is being powered up by the Firewire however the back is not interfacing with the computer.
When I connect the back to the desktop it says "Tethered mode" or "Tethered Shooting" (I can't remember which exactly...)
but with the laptop when the back is connected it powers up and says "Insert Storage Media"

what do you think's the problem?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 06:21:32 am »

I have had problems with LC10 for Windows where I needed to install the software first and only than attach the back otherwise the drivers for the back would not install properly.

I think you have a similar type of problem here. Try reinstalling. If that doesn't work find the driver files associated with the Leaf back in the hidden folder inf (C:\windows\inf). Delete those before you reinstall the software otherwise windows will reinstall with the drivers in the inf folder. If they have no name that is recognisable as a driverfile for Leaf it is one of the oem'x'.inf files.

I don't get it why Leaf is having people beta testing LC10 for Windows, never brings it on the market and is now apparently beta testing LC11 while not sending this to the Beta testers of LC10      

I would say put it on the FTP and have people test it at their own risk and have them provide feedback. By now every Leaf owner knows there are Beta versions of Windows software. Maybe that way it gets to market a bit faster?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:24:41 am by Dustbak »

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 12:35:46 pm »

I have had problems with LC10 for Windows where I needed to install the software first and only than attach the back otherwise the drivers for the back would not install properly.

I think you have a similar type of problem here. Try reinstalling. If that doesn't work find the driver files associated with the Leaf back in the hidden folder inf (C:\windows\inf). Delete those before you reinstall the software otherwise windows will reinstall with the drivers in the inf folder. If they have no name that is recognisable as a driverfile for Leaf it is one of the oem'x'.inf files.

I don't get it why Leaf is having people beta testing LC10 for Windows, never brings it on the market and is now apparently beta testing LC11 while not sending this to the Beta testers of LC10       

I would say put it on the FTP and have people test it at their own risk and have them provide feedback. By now every Leaf owner knows there are Beta versions of Windows software. Maybe that way it gets to market a bit faster?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154921\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

UPDATE:
it works on my OTHER laptop
it's an older Asus MN6e
So the problem lies with my Sony SZ650 laptop
I think they were using Generic PCMCIA drivers whereas my Asus uses Ricoh R/RL/5C476(II) drivers
Going to download them and try now
wish me luck

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 02:52:29 pm »

UPDATE:
it works on my OTHER laptop
it's an older Asus MN6e
So the problem lies with my Sony SZ650 laptop
I think they were using Generic PCMCIA drivers whereas my Asus uses Ricoh R/RL/5C476(II) drivers
Going to download them and try now
wish me luck
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154997\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dustbak, I've sent you the Leaf Capture 11 through yousendit.
Can you resend me the beta of LC10. I managed to connect the camera to the computer but it's acting up alot. I have to reinstall drivers constantly to get it to identify on the computer. Somehow I have no problems on my Asus m6n though
Hopefully I can fix it by tomorrow...

yaya

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 03:36:51 pm »

Guys I believe it is clear to you that this mentioned version is not even a beta one and that you are really using it at your own risk...
If you wish to become a beta site you should contact your dealer or regional manager and this way you will enjoy the necessary guidance and support.

Yair

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 04:22:22 pm »

Guys I believe it is clear to you that this mentioned version is not even a beta one and that you are really using it at your own risk...
If you wish to become a beta site you should contact your dealer or regional manager and this way you will enjoy the necessary guidance and support.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155040\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yaya, yes we know it's at our own risk.
Why don't you try to help instead of wagging your finger?
We've been waiting ages for a Windows version and Leaf has been promising it for years
Why don't you share with the leaf users here that you have Leaf Capture 11 on a beta that works on a PC?

All that money for a back and I can't even get some decent software support.

yaya

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 04:59:26 pm »

yaya, yes we know it's at our own risk.
Why don't you try to help instead of wagging your finger?
We've been waiting ages for a Windows version and Leaf has been promising it for years
Why don't you share with the leaf users here that you have Leaf Capture 11 on a beta that works on a PC?

All that money for a back and I can't even get some decent software support.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155045\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are right you cannot get decent software support for a version that is still going through some internal testing and that was meant to be used for demonstration purposes only.

Like I said, contact your dealer and we will deal with it in an appropriate manner and not over a public forum.

Alternatively, send an email to leaf.supprt@creo.com with as much detail as possible:
Spec of the notebook
Spec of the PCMCIA card
Windows version
Installation procedure step by step

Also ad the following answers to your email:

Does this card work on other laptops?
While connected, does the OS recognise the device as a Leaf device?

To me it sound like either there's not enough power or that the OS doesn't see the driver.

Or

wait another 4-5 weeks for an official beta version.

Yair

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 05:15:20 pm »

I don't mind playing around with beta or even alpha software. Have done it for too long to get excited about it.

It might make sense to expand the beta program somewhat by letting people sign up via your website. Many people would be happy with a PC version even if it is a beta. We have been working with pre-release candidates before even for the Mac versions of Leaf Capture.

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 10:50:28 pm »

You are right you cannot get decent software support for a version that is still going through some internal testing and that was meant to be used for demonstration purposes only.

Like I said, contact your dealer and we will deal with it in an appropriate manner and not over a public forum.

Alternatively, send an email to leaf.supprt@creo.com with as much detail as possible:
Spec of the notebook
Spec of the PCMCIA card
Windows version
Installation procedure step by step

Also ad the following answers to your email:

Does this card work on other laptops?
While connected, does the OS recognise the device as a Leaf device?

To me it sound like either there's not enough power or that the OS doesn't see the driver.

Or

wait another 4-5 weeks for an official beta version.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155055\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you, finally some decent info.
the card works fine in my other laptop so after a full day of messing around with the Sony I've come to the conclusion that it's an issue with my Sony laptop.
It took alot of playing around with installing and reinstalling the different drivers ,thankfully the Leaf back tethered once, but LC on the Sony crashed shortly after...
No problems on my Asus laptop though

And regarding contacting my dealer who will contact you, if you look at the Leaf forum there are alot of promises about getting back to whoever starts a topic and then I never see any reply weeks later even. 4-5 weeks for a beta? The promise for Leaf Capture 10 for Windows has been hanging around for ages and still no support.

It's a good thing there are forums like these where people who own these devices actually share information.

BigWooha

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 12:03:23 pm »

Jing q

Finally got a chance to install the beta LC 11 you kindly sent me, thanks very much.

I also just discovered it doesn't run on XP64 windows, so I installed it no probs on my laptop (just xp)

Like you I have a sony laptop (GRT716S), and I'm having much the same problems you are having. yes I've got power, the laptop knows the back (Valeo22wi) is  there but no drivers to run it!

I guess there is something inherant in sony's laptops

I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks again

yaya

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 12:59:44 pm »

Jing q

Finally got a chance to install the beta LC 11 you kindly sent me, thanks very much.

I also just discovered it doesn't run on XP64 windows, so I installed it no probs on my laptop (just xp)

Like you I have a sony laptop (GRT716S), and I'm having much the same problems you are having. yes I've got power, the laptop knows the back (Valeo22wi) is  there but no drivers to run it!

I guess there is something inherant in sony's laptops

I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks again
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155226\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

At this point the Valeo line is not yet supported on the Windows platform, so save your energy.

Again this is not a beta version and is not really meant to be used by anyone other than reps....

Yair

BigWooha

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 01:32:33 pm »

Thanks Yair, you've saved me a nights trouble. Will the beat version when properly issued support the valeo's?

yaya

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »

Thanks Yair, you've saved me a nights trouble. Will the beat version when properly issued support the valeo's?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155246\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will have to come back to you on that one  

Yair
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up