Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 add custom paper problems  (Read 1903 times)

rdonson

Z3100 add custom paper problems
« on: November 21, 2007, 07:06:41 pm »

I'm trying to print on some 13x19 fabric sheets a local fabric artist provided.   I do the usual add custom paper....

It then adds the new custom paper and gives me the normal message

I put the sheet in so that the printer can do its usual thing - it successfully loads the sheet, I press OK and I get this:

Its weird because:
- it never starts the calibration process
- the printer does recognize that a 13x19 sheet is in the paper and I can see that on the front panel

There is no restart the process option - I delete the paper type and repeat with the same results.  What the heck am I doing wrong?

This has never happened to me before and it has no problem with other custom papers I created before or after.
Regards,
Ron

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:12:24 pm »

What happens if you choose not to calibrate it, close the software, then come back to it as if you were ging to recalibrate the paper?

Also, is it possible that the fabric is too shiny for the spectrophotometer?  For example, it cannot do a shiny canvas.[

quote=rdonson,Nov 21 2007, 07:06 PM]
I'm trying to print on some 13x19 fabric sheets a local fabric artist provided.   I do the usual add custom paper....

It then adds the new custom paper and gives me the normal message

I put the sheet in so that the printer can do its usual thing - it successfully loads the sheet, I press OK and I get this:

Its weird because:
- it never starts the calibration process
- the printer does recognize that a 13x19 sheet is in the paper and I can see that on the front panel

There is no restart the process option - I delete the paper type and repeat with the same results.  What the heck am I doing wrong?

This has never happened to me before and it has no problem with other custom papers I created before or after.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154800\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 07:28:10 pm »

What happens if you choose not to calibrate it, close the software, then come back to it as if you were going to recalibrate the paper?

Also, is it possible that the fabric is too shiny for the spectrophotometer? For example, it cannot do a shiny canvas.

Hmmmm... I've tried to go back and recalibrate the paper but its even more weird doing that.  The paper shows up in one list but not in the one to do a calibration.  Very perplexing so I delete and start over and get the same results.

You may be on to something about it being too shiny.  The fabric itself doesn't seem to be shiny but the backing is some sort of shiny material and the spectro may have problems with that.

One last try before I resort to printing this on my Epson.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up