Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf AFi Promotion  (Read 4233 times)

H1/A75 Guy

Leaf AFi Promotion
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:39:31 am »

Anyone know if there is any truth to the claim that Leaf is only going to offer AFi upgrades to the party faithful who have already made the several thousand dollar upgrade to S models?

David

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 12:09:49 pm »

I was told the Leaf upgrade policy is going to be released in the next week or two

Anyone know if there is any truth to the claim that Leaf is only going to offer AFi upgrades to the party faithful who have already made the several thousand dollar upgrade to S models?

David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154395\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

H1/A75 Guy

Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 03:22:44 pm »

I was told the Leaf upgrade policy is going to be released in the next week or two
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154413\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My only concern about the claim is that it would be consistent with the Leaf policy for the last upgrade. You turn in your S back. This time Leaf recycles your S electronics and components and stuffs them in the new AFi package. Gives you the camera and charges a bundle. You get to buy the lens. I am going to give Leaf the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are going to include all Aptus owners in the upgrade plan. That way they will maintain their image as an innovator and not just a recycler.

David

pixjohn

Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 03:42:30 pm »

I gave up on the Leaf Afi for now. Why does it take so long to come up with a price? I am going to just buy a used H camera for my H mount.

One day if i decide to upgrade my Aptus 75 back, I might consider the AFI. Leaf has defiantly put me off with the no info route they like to take.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:54:08 pm by pixjohn »

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 05:32:10 pm »

I gave up on the Leaf Afi for now. Why does it take so long to come up with a price? I am going to just buy a used H camera for my H mount.

One day if i decide to upgrade my Aptus 75 back, I might consider the AFI. Leaf has defiantly put me off with the no info route they like to take.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have to say that I am getting very close to making the same conclusion. Photog's life is hectic enough now days and hanging for months in the air just to see how much you have to loose anyways
is not the priority in my agenda. We are talking about brand new unproven system that will certainly come with glitches and hick-ups. The first ones to jump on it are going to be the most affected. I strongly believe that Leaf should have recognized it and have some good insentives in place by now instead of this deafening silence.
Andre
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:40:37 pm by AndreNapier »

mattlap2

Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 10:36:22 pm »

My thought is that Leaf is waiting until they have a firm idea of when they will be taking delivery of stock.

The only thing that might be worse than not having a program, is having one and taking orders that you don't know when you can deliver.

Sinar had been saying they would deliver cameras to dealers in November, but now I heard from 2 sources that that has been pushed back to end of December to beginning of January.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 10:42:42 pm »

Dear Matt,

We are continuying delivery of the Hy6 systems and demo units for our distributors and have to satisfy their orders worldwide, not only in the US.

The idea that deliveries have stopped and will resume only by end of December is not true.

Best regards,
Thierry

Sinar had been saying they would deliver cameras to dealers in November, but now I heard from 2 sources that that has been pushed back to end of December to beginning of January.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154575\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

mattlap2

Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 11:03:18 pm »

Dear Matt,

We are continuying delivery of the Hy6 systems and demo units for our distributors and have to satisfy their orders worldwide, not only in the US.

The idea that deliveries have stopped and will resume only by end of December is not true.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154576\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thierry,

I was in  no way trying to imply that they weren't trickling out.   Just that they were not here in any real quantities.    That Leaf might be being prudent to make sure they have a product to sell when the promo goes into effect.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 11:06:37 pm »

That's right, Matt: we might not deliver in quantities but still, we do deliver. The US have been among the countries getting the first units but as said, other countries are also on our list of deliveries.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

I was in  no way trying to imply that they weren't trickling out.   Just that they were not here in any real quantities.    That Leaf might be being prudent to make sure they have a product to sell when the promo goes into effect.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154583\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

pixjohn

Leaf AFi Promotion
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 11:20:14 pm »

I have seen plenty of talk on LL in the past regarding the Leaf upgrade path with numbers guess estimated for the change over to the new mount. Not once did leaf comment about the price. Leaf has just let me down to many times  in the past to trust a new product of this price range. I need a new camera system by mid Jan 08 and just can't wait.

I find the camera industry as a whole, have no respect for the buyer of such pricey high end product. After a 1 1/2 years i still do not have a working fully functional software to even run my out dated Aptus 75 camera back.  For such a small market, all the manufactures need a lesson in  business ethics. If i treated my clients the way Leaf has treated me I would be out of business.

P.S anyone have an H camera that is not abused for sale?
Pages: [1]   Go Up