Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print templates missing  (Read 1791 times)

martinb0820

Print templates missing
« on: November 18, 2007, 06:09:33 pm »

All the LR print templates are missing! Other than that, LR works fine.

The PC is a little dated but unexceptional: XP Pro SP2, P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM, Asus P4P800 motherboard, ATI Radeon 9600, Canon ip4300 printer.

I contacted Adobe Web support and tried numerous things they suggested, such as installing Lightroom after a Windows "selective startup" (only services essential to the s/w installation running), editing the registry to clean out leftovers from previous installations, trying to install in a newly created user account, etc.

None of this worked.  

The following is basically conjecture about how Lightroom installs that I offered to Support on the hope that they could tell me what is really taking place, and what to look for in terms of files/processes at each step in order to see what might be interfering

"1. Lightroom installer copies files from LTRM_WWEFG_win.exe or CD to somewhere in the Adobe Lightroom file folders,
2. Expansion during the install to somewhere in the Adobe Lightroom file folders,
3. Lightroom copies and/or processes the templates (based on printer drivers?) into the user's local profile the first time it is st
arted (and when the printer drivers have changed ?)"

One wierd thing about the PC is that the ntvdm (16-bit virtual machine) process stopped working after the "upgrade" to SP2. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

If I were to install a trial copy of Lightroom on a PC on which the templates did install, could I copy them to my PC, or are they dependent on being installed for a specific printer? If that's the case, if I installed LR on another PC configured with the same printer driver, would the copied templates work?

I haven't tried installing LR 1.3 yet, so maybe there is still hope...
Pages: [1]   Go Up