Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: new phase/mamiya but what about Rollei Hy6  (Read 30190 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
new phase/mamiya but what about Rollei Hy6
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2008, 12:17:20 am »

I'm a rollei shooter and its a great system, with lots of really useful features such as the 1/1000 sync, 1/3 stop adjustments in the lenses, ergonomic features, great metering, etc.  The lenses I have used have all been superb.  But it seems nearly anything connected to the old Rollei stuff or the new collaborative Hy6 has been clouded in confusion.  Where to get service, parts, anything.  

There have been a few people that have posted information that's very valuable to me and I appreciate that - from all of you guys.

After reading one of these earlier posts that it might be possible, I wrote to all the US contacts for Rolleimetric and also called and spoke with a DSMWW tech from the Japanese parent company Komamura that bought out Rollei's inventory (or whatever agreement)  when they went insolvent and no one from Rolleimetric ever responded, and the others didn't know if it could be done and never got back to me.    Lance Schad from Captureintegration was able to get the definitive info - that yes they were available and also provide a cost and I've since e-mailed with him about it.

I'm happy to see it as it gives me and anyone else with a 6008 more future options.  There are still reasons to upgrade to a Hy6 so that is an option too along with fitting a sinar or hasselblad CF back.  For myself the choice will be price dependent and I wonder if Phase is interested enough to make the upgrade a good decision financially or if one of the venders selling the Hy6 will want to compete for these potential customers with an upgrade pathway or some kind of incentive.  

Eric
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:24:01 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 01:16:49 am »

that was exactly my point to EPd, giving useful information, rather to praise oneself for the rightness of previous posts.

And on the other hand I won't ever let things being said the way they have been put by EPd with so many suggestions about myself and the way I am doing my work or not being a photographer: that is not my style and I shall answer each and any time to rectify such.

Best regards,
Thierry

I wasn't trying to piss off thiery, just making a response about the abnormally long postings, just rambling at each other and not giving much info.  It just seemed like a lot of wasted time, like I am spending right now, was put in to it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170479\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 01:25:19 am »

Dear Eric,

As far as the Sinar Hy6 is concerned: orders, servicing and repairs, as well as accessories and other parts is available through our normal sales channels and our exclusive distributors or their dealers' network, worldwide in any country.

upgrade path: I suggest you to contact Sinar's distributor at your place or directly Greg King at SBI.

I guess that there will be both some attractive offers from Sinar and/or its distributors, but possibly different from country to country.

Best regards,
Thierry

But it seems nearly anything connected to the old Rollei stuff or the new collaborative Hy6 has been clouded in confusion.  Where to get service, parts, anything.

... or if one of the venders selling the Hy6 will want to compete for these potential customers with an upgrade pathway or some kind of incentive. 

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 01:29:49 am »

There have been a few people that have posted information that's very valuable to me and I appreciate that - from all of you guys.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ditto.

EPd, Thierry, you've both been a source of valuable information to regular readers of these forums--thanks to both of you.

Misunderstandings often happen when there is no face-to-face context.  From the sidelines, both of you seem very interested in photography as an art, and seem genuinely interested in the truth, even if some errors or misinterpretations may have been made in the past.

In my book, you are both highly credible sources, and offer valuable insights into the industry that is available nowhere else that I know of.

I'm hoping we can put any friction between you behind us.

Best regards,
Brad
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up