Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael's lens selections  (Read 2086 times)

Martin Ocando

• Lightcraftings
Michael's lens selections
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:20:41 am »

I wonder what happened in Michael's camera bag. For years he have told us that the 70-300DO is the best compromise street/candid/people lens he have used. Not for its ultimate quality, but for the size which makes it really useful and fun to use over a 5D.
Now I can see he have been shooting with the 100-400L IS lens almost all the time, like in his recent trip to madagascar.
I haven't seen a 70-300DO image again in quite some time.

I wonder what happened. I hope your DO didn't get stolen in Paris
Martin Ocando
Olympus OM-D E-M1 -

michael

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:58:08 pm »

No, I don't use the 100-400 all the time. In fact it's been ages since I last used it. But I decided that it would be the most appropriate lens for Madagascar and this proved to be correct.

For urban shooting I prefer the 70-300 when I need something long, because of it's small size and lighter weight. These weren't requirements in Madagascar so I chose the 100-400 instead because I wanted the extras reach.

Whether you see images on the site that use a certain lens or not has little to do with what I'm actually shooting with any any time. Not everything I shoot ends up on the site. Far from it.

Michael

Martin Ocando

• Lightcraftings
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 04:59:20 pm »

Great to hear you still have your 70-300 with you    Annoying moment at the hotel with the robbing, heh? Jeez. I want to thank you for the amazing shots you share with us all the time. I'm a huge fan of your work.

BTW, when can we expect issue 17th?

OH, I almost forgot. Can you tell me the name of the young asian photographer you where reviewing the bangladesh photographs with, in issue 16th video and which equipment was he using? Just for fun, anyways. It looks he have a great eye, and will like to see more of his work.

No, I don't use the 100-400 all the time. In fact it's been ages since I last used it. But I decided that it would be the most appropriate lens for Madagascar and this proved to be correct.

For urban shooting I prefer the 70-300 when I need something long, because of it's small size and lighter weight. These weren't requirements in Madagascar so I chose the 100-400 instead because I wanted the extras reach.

Whether you see images on the site that use a certain lens or not has little to do with what I'm actually shooting with any any time. Not everything I shoot ends up on the site. Far from it.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153868\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Martin Ocando
Olympus OM-D E-M1 -
Pages: [1]   Go Up