Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No previews of G9 files in LR import window  (Read 2097 times)

reissme

No previews of G9 files in LR import window
« on: November 17, 2007, 05:34:19 am »

Hi
When I connect the Canon G9 to the computer with LR, the Photos Import window appears with all the file names but no previews (before importing, I can't see what to import). When I put the same card in a card reader, all the previews in LR Photos Import window, appear immediately.
Is it a problem with the camera, LR or something that I missed?

Thanks in advance

Reiss

picnic

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:23:21 am »

Hi
When I connect the Canon G9 to the computer with LR, the Photos Import window appears with all the file names but no previews (before importing, I can't see what to import). When I put the same card in a card reader, all the previews in LR Photos Import window, appear immediately.
Is it a problem with the camera, LR or something that I missed?

Thanks in advance

Reiss
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153526\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you installed the update (1.3)?  Do you have the 'show preview' box checked at the bottom left of the import dialog box when you are importing via the camera?

Diane

reissme

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 04:26:39 pm »

Have you installed the update (1.3)?  Do you have the 'show preview' box checked at the bottom left of the import dialog box when you are importing via the camera?

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153584\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Diane
Thanks for your reply
The upsate 1.3 is installed, The "show preview" box is checked. I think the  problem is not in these items. I have tried it on my laptop and it does't work either
Do you have the G9?

Reiss                                          
  www.reiss.co.il

picnic

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:24:20 pm »

Hi Diane
Thanks for your reply
The upsate 1.3 is installed, The "show preview" box is checked. I think the  problem is not in these items. I have tried it on my laptop and it does't work either
Do you have the G9?

Reiss                                           
  www.reiss.co.il
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153669\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes---I've used LR and ACR since the beta came out and its worked fine (except for the WB of course).  I did install the update the evening of the 15th and its fine.  I've never uploaded from any camera so can't give you any info on that--I've always used a card reader for all my cameras.  I do know that there was one other person on another forum that said his previews (from the camera upload) were 'mirrored'--IOW, reversed as he explained.  When I did it with G9 images and the cardreader in the beta, I got only grey squares with the file numbers, but since I generally upload everything, it didn't matter--I edit afterwards.   I don't think he's installed the 1.3 version so don't know if his problem was rectified.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up