Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop 10.0.1 update with printing fixes  (Read 5734 times)

plokhotnyuk

Photoshop 10.0.1 update with printing fixes
« on: November 16, 2007, 09:49:28 am »

For Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/pro...latform=Windows

"In Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 software, we made a significant effort to improve the printing experience for our users. This resulted in many changes to the printing code, improvements
to the print interface, new color management functionality, and support for new features in the latest printer drivers and operating systems. Throughout the project, we worked closely with printer manufacturers to ensure the best possible integration with their devices.
A number of issues have come to our attention since we shipped CS3, and we are now releasing a maintenance update to address many of those that are without an easy workaround.
We have also discovered that some problems can be avoided with minor refinements
to the printing workflow and we have done our best to describe some of those here. Please read on in this document for specifics." -- Bryan O’Neil Hughes, Photoshop Product Manager

Full text with installation & printing instructions here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/docs/Photosho...intingNotes.pdf
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 10:24:56 am by plokhotnyuk »

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 10:07:44 am »

I just love this:

To prepare your computer for printing with the Photoshop 10.0.1 update, please follow these simple steps:

1. Install the Photoshop update.
2. Delete your printer
3. Re-add your printer via the OS Print Control Panel (Win) or Printer Setup (Mac).
4. Install profiles for both the printer and paper you’re going to use.
5. Delete your Photoshop Preferences. To do this, launch the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS), then click Yes to the message, “Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?”

Simple?

Luckily I print from Qimage so I don't think I need to do this nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:15:26 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:12 pm »

I have a problem with 10.5 leopard and my 4800 where everything works except manual feed. When I try to print to a sheet of epson velvet manually fed, it just drops the job and does not even show up in the print monitor, I was hoping the 10.5.1 upgrade and PS 10.1 update might help but no go. I am waiting for the new Epson driver that is supposed to be out this month. I tried deleting printer and putting the latest drivers in. I still have to reboot to another disk with 10.4 for just this one thing.

alanmcf

• http://
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:43:07 pm »

I did the Windows CS3 10.0.1 update, even deleted preferences... but have not had the heart yet to delete my 2200 and two z3100 drivers. They must be kidding?!? CS3 seems to print fine (only one print so far, but I was not having problems before). Alan

walter.sk

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 07:58:45 am »

I was taken aback when I read Adobe's instructions.  To have to delete and reinstall the printers and drivers for 4 printers on my system would be very time consuming, tedious, and invite other problems and errors, and it suggests to me that once CS3 is installed and printed from, it must interact with the OS and/or the printer drivers in a way that changes them.  I feel very uncomfortable with that kind of program.

I print from Qimage, and have done so for years.  I have found it easier, much more intuitive, more flexible, and just as capable from a color management standpoint, as using Photoshop.

Now, I am actually afraid to upgrade to 10.0.1, lest it would compel me to deinstall my printers, anyway.

I did the Windows CS3 10.0.1 update, even deleted preferences... but have not had the heart yet to delete my 2200 and two z3100 drivers. They must be kidding?!? CS3 seems to print fine (only one print so far, but I was not having problems before). Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 08:01:04 am by walter.sk »

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 11:02:13 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unless the instructions apply to softproofing in CS3 then I'm not going to be deleting my preferences and drivers to improve CS3 printing.  I print from Qimage anyway so I'm not sure it means much.
Regards,
Ron

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 07:20:20 pm »

... but have not had the heart yet to delete my 2200 and two z3100 drivers. They must be kidding?!? CS3 seems to print fine (only one print so far, but I was not having problems before). Alan

I don't think you have to delete the drivers; just the printers from System Preferences->Print & Fax (Mac).
Mike

jeffok

• http://www.insightscapes.com
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 08:26:11 pm »

I upgraded CS3 to 10.0,1 on my Mac Pro but when I opened Colorsync to check on the profiles, I noticed that several appear damaged or something wrong when I click "verify". When I then click "fix", here is the result
:Searching for profiles...
Checking 73 profiles...
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection1670
   Tag 'dmnd': Tag size is not correct. Could not be fixed.
   Tag 'dmdd': Tag size is not correct. Could not be fixed.
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection1670 TPU
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection2400
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection2400 TPU
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection3170
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection3170 TPU
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection3200
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EPSON Perfection3200 TPU
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/EW-sRGB
   Tag 'desc': Tag size is not correct. Could not be fixed.
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended/CoatedFOGRA27.icc
   Tag 'desc': Tag size is not correct. Could not be fixed.
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/ICCProfiles/Pro38.profiles/Contents/Resources/Pro3800 3800C 3850 Standard.icc
Repair done - 0 out of 11 profiles fixed.

Does anyone know how I can replace these with profiles that are OK? I only have the Epson scanner (3200) and he Epson 3800 printer so don't think I need the others. Would I need to re-install the drivers? Printing under CS3 and Lightroom appear to work OK so far.

Jeff

dhoelscher

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 10:41:17 am »

I don't think you have to delete the drivers; just the printers from System Preferences->Print & Fax (Mac).
Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153983\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that the Adobe team meant to say "delete the printer queues."

DDH
Pages: [1]   Go Up