Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review of KATA Digital Rucksack Backpacks  (Read 2189 times)

creativepro

Review of KATA Digital Rucksack Backpacks
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:33 pm »

Review on Kata DR 465 and Kata DR 467 Digital Rucksack Backpacks Kata R-101

Sue BLOCK, Nov 15, 2007; 12:58 a.m.

Hullo

I live in Melbourne, Australia.   My Photographic  equipment are:

a Nikon D80, 60mm lens, 18-200mm, 12-24 mm' Cokin P system and filters, Battery/battery charger

still to purchase a speedlight.

I have done my research and know that my equipment if wanting to carrying the lot will fit into either of these bags.

The problem I have is these Kata Digital Rucksack Backpacks have as yet not arrived in Australia - in fact they are generally not available here.

I do not have a lap top computer- nor will I purchase one in the future - I thought the extra space in the DR 467 bag will provide me with an opportunity to carrying my manual and my Lantern book on the D80.

Having said this, I need advice whether the DR 467 may be too big overall. I am a women of 60 and don't wish for anything too bulky and awkard. Maybe the DR 465 would be better ? or the Kata R-101?

My other dilemma is I am unable to purchase or check out either bag in Australia - I have to rely on the photos I see via the net. If anybody has one or examined the bags if they could give me their honest review. Prior coming across the Kata Rucksack Backpacks - I thought of going for the Lowepro Rover AW 11 as I need a bag to carry personal stuff other than my equipment. I find the Lowepro very expensive and not that versatile. On paper the Kata mentioned above would meet my needs.

The outlet where they are seemingly offering the bags at a competitive prices is from Photocraft.com in Fairfax VA, USA. Does anyone know of their service?

This is a question for other Australians - would there be a duty to be paid for this item? I have ordered books from Amazon and small things from Photopro (USA) and as yet not have had to pay duty?

Another thing, I will be touring India in December - Will there be any problem taking any of these Bags into the cabin of the plane?

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up