Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new epson 3800 owner needs help  (Read 2376 times)

briphoto

new epson 3800 owner needs help
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:25:31 pm »

Just got my epson 3800 standard edition, the software installation cd is cracked. Epson support says just download everything from the download site. Doesn't the initial installation have to be done from the cd? I' m using a Mac PowerPC G4 OSX 10.4.9. What files  would I download from the site? I'm using a dialup modem at home, isn't there other software on the installation cd that I need? I'll be connecting with usb.
Thanks ,
Brian

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:48:16 pm »

Just got my epson 3800 standard edition, the software installation cd is cracked. Epson support says just download everything from the download site. Doesn't the initial installation have to be done from the cd? I' m using a Mac PowerPC G4 OSX 10.4.9. What filesĀ  would I download from the site? I'm using a dialup modem at home, isn't there other software on the installation cd that I need? I'll be connecting with usb.
Thanks ,
Brian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153163\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Everything you need can be downloaded and installed.  Just go to Epson's site, follow the links to printers, then professional printers, untill you find the 3800.  There you will find all drivers and utilities necessary.

In fact, I've never used the CD's, I've always downloaded since that gives me a way to re-install easily at anytime, and insures I have the latest version (which may have been released after your printer was manufactured and boxed).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:48:44 pm by Wayne Fox »

briphoto

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:26:23 pm »

Everything you need can be downloaded and installed.  Just go to Epson's site, follow the links to printers, then professional printers, untill you find the 3800.  There you will find all drivers and utilities necessary.

In fact, I've never used the CD's, I've always downloaded since that gives me a way to re-install easily at anytime, and insures I have the latest version (which may have been released after your printer was manufactured and boxed).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153169\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

briphoto

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 06:31:46 pm »

Everything you need can be downloaded and installed.  Just go to Epson's site, follow the links to printers, then professional printers, untill you find the 3800.  There you will find all drivers and utilities necessary.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153169\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for the prompt reply. So I should install the printer driver first, then the remote panel utility, then the firmware update? I won't be using ethernet so do I need the epsonNet config utility? Sorry to be such a pest.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 07:29:43 pm »

Thanks for the prompt reply. So I should install the printer driver first, then the remote panel utility, then the firmware update? I won't be using ethernet so do I need the epsonNet config utility? Sorry to be such a pest.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes that's right.

No need to install the Epson Net config.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up