Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30/Phase/Warranties and Dealers???HELP please  (Read 3815 times)

Snook

P30/Phase/Warranties and Dealers???HELP please
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:22:14 am »

I am about to buy a Refurbished P30 from a local dealer and he is very confused and I think I know a lot more than him on the Phase One subject, But we are having problems .
I am buying a Refurbished P30, apparently New ones do not exist?, But can some other dealer here or Phase one rep explain to me What I should be getting as far as warranty, cables, software,etc... especially Upgrade routes..
Apparently The extended Warranty for 3 years is ONLY for a purchase of a NEW P+ series back.
Also the Format change does only apply to a NEW P+ series also..
I find that a little ridiculous as the P+ series just started shipping!! So the guys that bought a P30 6 months ago could buy the 3 year extended warranty but now not.
Can someone clarify what I should get form Phase One with my purchase of a Refurbished P30?
Apparently the P30 does not ship with any software, No big deal as the New C-1 4 Stinks and I have a paid 3.7.7 that I use currently for the Canon's I have.
Just want to get what I should get from phase One. Do certain dealers have better deals or get special permission for Extended warranty on a refurbed P30 back or is Standard across the Board?
Prices certainly fluctuate from dealer to dealer which Kind pi$$es me off.
Why do I have to fight over prices or try and get the "best" deal.
These guys are getting to be like car dealers which gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
Appreciate any comments from you guys.
Snook
Hope I can get some information quick or I might be back to the Aptus 22!

samuel_js

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:34:23 am »

I am about to buy a Refurbished P30 from a local dealer and he is very confused and I think I know a lot more than him on the Phase One subject, But we are having problems .
I am buying a Refurbished P30, apparently New ones do not exist?, But can some other dealer here or Phase one rep explain to me What I should be getting as far as warranty, cables, software,etc... especially Upgrade routes..
Apparently The extended Warranty for 3 years is ONLY for a purchase of a NEW P+ series back.
I find that a little ridiculous as the P+ series just started shipping!! So the guys that bought a P30 6 months ago could buy the 3 year extended warranty but now not.
Can someone clarify what I should get form Phase One with my purchase of a Refurbished P30?
Apparently the P30 does not ship with any software, No big deal as the New C-1 4 Stinks and I have a paid 3.7.7 that I use currently for the Canon's I have.
Just want to get what I should get from phase One. Do certain dealers have better deals or get special permission for Extended warranty on a refurbed P30 back or is Standard across the Board?
These guys are getting to be like car dealers which gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153049\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi, you should get a box with everything inside as it was new, including software, cables etc... The refurbished backs has one year warranty. There's other options, leasing if you have your company for example. It makes everything easier., upgrades, changes etc...

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:30:49 am »

Snook

If the P30 is a refurbished back directly from Phase One, you can add a 3 year warranty to it.  If the P30 was previously owned or a dealer demo unit, a warranty can be added 1 year at a time.

You should receive a 15" firewire cable, 1 battery, battery charger, digi-clean, C1 DB software and a Pelican style case.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com

Snook

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 10:39:17 am »

Thanks a lot chris... Might be calling you for the back..:+}
Especially if I cannot get this dealer here to get it together.!!
The Back is supposedly coming from Phase so that is why I cannot figure out why they cannot extend the warranty to the 3 years?
IS that the same extended warranty. Back replacement etc...
They told me that the Format change does not come with the P30 backs?
Not such a big deal b/c if I change format it will be to a RZII which I think there are adapter plates to do that.
At least I was told in another post there was.
Thanks for your help, Now I have to battle with them.
Sucks when you spending so much money that you have to squeeze the lemon so to speak...
Snook

olaf

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 10:45:04 am »

Hi Snook
Sounds like you're not being properly looked after. This is the current situation in London, UK from my dealer. You're probably based in the US, so you may not want buy here but at least it gives you a reference point and they would certainly be pleased to supply you if you were interested.
- there are no more new P30's available
- refurbs cost £7495 plus VAT at 17.5% although you may not have to pay that or may be able to claim it back. I'm not sure. You would need to check
- it ships with a 1 yr warranty parts & labour
- the Added Value warranty is available at extra cost
- you can upgrade to another camera fitting in the first year free
- it ships in a Peli style case, one battery and Capture One DB not the Pro version which costs extra
- it does not ship with a CF card or the Sandisk card reader, although to make a sale there is room for negotiation on items like this
I have nothing but praise for my dealer who is very professional. I'm sure you'll find a decent dealer in your market but if you don't please email me and let me know and I'll put you in touch. I hope this helps you - good luck!

Olaf

Snook

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 10:53:50 am »

Not such a big deal b/c if I change format it will be to a RZII which I think there are adapter plates to do that.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
there is a plate for the RZIID, not for the regular RZII and yes it works with the mamiya645 mount back....

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 12:14:34 pm »

The Back is supposedly coming from Phase so that is why I cannot figure out why they cannot extend the warranty to the 3 years?
Sucks when you spending so much money that you have to squeeze the lemon so to speak...
Snook

Snook

Give Chris a call.  He's my dealer and I have nothing but very high praise for him!

don

clawery

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 09:37:58 pm »

Snook

I'm sorry that your dealer is not treating you well.
The 3 year warranty is the Value Added Warranty and it does
allow for a loaner back while your back is in for repair.
There are adapter plates for the RZII.  

PS.  Thanks for the kind words Don!

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com

Snook

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 10:35:20 pm »

Hey Chris How are you?
IS that warranty available for a refurbished P30?
I think that is where the problem may be.
I am here in New York and will try and call you if I gt a chance
Richard Agudelo told me I should deal with you also..:}
Snook

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:44:03 am »

Snook

Eric:

Sorry you are having so many problems trying to spend your hard earned money. You need to confirm one thing that has always been a grey area when you buy a P1 back from US, the warranty can only be honored in the US. From your point of view that means you would need to ship it back to US and get repaired and also get loaner from US shipped to SA by your dealer. I have also been told and warned that this the way it works when you buy it from SA, the warranty and reapir will be honored from your originating country.

I know that this doen not seem right since you are dealing with a company that sells and supports the products worldwide. I sell a lot of cameras in the islands and this is what I have been told by P1. As you will recall, I was encouraged not to do business with you out of the country by P1 because it was " out of my sale territory" All of the dealers in the US also have this same issue and are subject to charge backs if they sell outside their respective territories.

I would like to sell you a P30 also but I think it is in your best interest to do business in your country with your local dealer so you can get the same level of support and service we get here in the US. You and I both know how hard it is to get things out of your country and repaired.

3 Year Warranty added on to a keep me or refurbished back is $3,000 US.

Please let me know if I can help.

Chris Snipes
President
Image Productions, Inc
www.imageproduction.com
Phase One Florida
New and Used Phase One camera backs
Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ

clawery

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 01:18:59 pm »

Hey Chris How are you?
IS that warranty available for a refurbished P30?
I think that is where the problem may be.
I am here in New York and will try and call you if I gt a chance
Richard Agudelo told me I should deal with you also..:}
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153462\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Snook,

I'm great!  Thank you for asking.  
The 3 year warranty can be added to
a refurbished P30, as long the back
comes from Phase One directly.  If the
back was owned by someone else, you
will have to add it year by year.

Chris Lawery