Sounds like you're not being properly looked after. This is the current situation in London, UK from my dealer. You're probably based in the US, so you may not want buy here but at least it gives you a reference point and they would certainly be pleased to supply you if you were interested.
- there are no more new P30's available
- refurbs cost £7495 plus VAT at 17.5% although you may not have to pay that or may be able to claim it back. I'm not sure. You would need to check
- it ships with a 1 yr warranty parts & labour
- the Added Value warranty is available at extra cost
- you can upgrade to another camera fitting in the first year free
- it ships in a Peli style case, one battery and Capture One DB not the Pro version which costs extra
- it does not ship with a CF card or the Sandisk card reader, although to make a sale there is room for negotiation on items like this
I have nothing but praise for my dealer who is very professional. I'm sure you'll find a decent dealer in your market but if you don't please email me and let me know and I'll put you in touch. I hope this helps you - good luck!
I am about to buy a Refurbished P30 from a local dealer and he is very confused and I think I know a lot more than him on the Phase One subject, But we are having problems .
I am buying a Refurbished P30, apparently New ones do not exist?, But can some other dealer here or Phase one rep explain to me What I should be getting as far as warranty, cables, software,etc... especially Upgrade routes..
Apparently The extended Warranty for 3 years is ONLY for a purchase of a NEW P+ series back.
Also the Format change does only apply to a NEW P+ series also..
I find that a little ridiculous as the P+ series just started shipping!! So the guys that bought a P30 6 months ago could buy the 3 year extended warranty but now not.
Can someone clarify what I should get form Phase One with my purchase of a Refurbished P30?
Apparently the P30 does not ship with any software, No big deal as the New C-1 4 Stinks and I have a paid 3.7.7 that I use currently for the Canon's I have.
Just want to get what I should get from phase One. Do certain dealers have better deals or get special permission for Extended warranty on a refurbed P30 back or is Standard across the Board?
Prices certainly fluctuate from dealer to dealer which Kind pi$$es me off.
Why do I have to fight over prices or try and get the "best" deal.
These guys are getting to be like car dealers which gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
Appreciate any comments from you guys.
Hope I can get some information quick or I might be back to the Aptus 22!