Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First post with image  (Read 4209 times)

David J

First post with image
« on: November 15, 2007, 07:45:18 am »

My first post, be gentle. I've been lurking around for a couple months now and love what I hear and see here so far.
David
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:21:36 am by David J »

MikeMike

• http://
First post with image
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:27:53 pm »

I would like to see it unprocessed. It seems to rendered to my eyes.

Michael

David J

First post with image
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 09:52:14 pm »

I would like to see it unprocessed. It seems to rendered to my eyes.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153975\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes there is alot of photoshop on the image. I wanted something moody that gave a sense of loss or uselessness. I have attached the ooc image.  It is different but the vision was there to begin with. I was in the barn to photograph the structure for the historical society and this was one of a couple side shots. I'm coming from a painting and photography background and and as much as I like hi res detailed images I think the feeling and the mood of the image are more important.  

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
First post with image
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 10:16:56 pm »

I think you did an excellent job in post processing to achieve the mood you wanted to convey. And I agree with you that the feeling and the mood of an image are more important than being "faithful", "properly" exposed, sharp and/or otherwise technically perfect. Good job.

David J

First post with image
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 11:08:29 am »

I think you did an excellent job in post processing to achieve the mood you wanted to convey. And I agree with you that the feeling and the mood of an image are more important than being "faithful", "properly" exposed, sharp and/or otherwise technically perfect. Good job.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154020\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here is another image in a similar style. What are your feelings on this one?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
First post with image
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 11:33:14 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154124\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's another good one. I think you images would be very well suited for conceptual/editorial use.

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
First post with image
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 12:10:57 pm »

First one works well for me, second is a bit too much over the top...  maybe dialing back the opacity of the effect to half of what it is - a subtle touch might be interesting.

OnyimBob

• http://
First post with image
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 12:19:49 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154124\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well David, not sure that they're in a similar style. They're both done using blur and masking or blending (I think) but the "feeling & mood" are quite different for me.
The first image posted works for me to a degree but I think that the bottom left hand foreground could have had less blur applied, it's a distraction to me.
I wanted something moody that gave a sense of loss or uselessness[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=154124\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's interesting isn't it how we percieve things. My first impression of this image was more to do with the passage of time and inevitability of change. I also like the muted tone and colour.
I agree with Tim about the second image.
Bob.
Bob Munro.
[url=http://www.waterholesgue

David J

First post with image
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 12:40:06 pm »

The first image is cropped and only shows part of the story. I have a Horizontal tht has a old rocking horse against the wall in the same state as everything else in the barn. It gives this sense of change even more but the composition and placement left alot of empty space. I may go back to that image to have a second look. The Mill shot is a little over done. I have a couple other work in progress copies that are not so extreme. Thanks for all the great feed back I'll be putting it to good use.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up