Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best matte paper for photo black on Epson 4800  (Read 2556 times)

Lewis_Levin

Best matte paper for photo black on Epson 4800
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:53:20 am »

I know this is sort of a "wrong" question, but I am curious what matte paper people have found works best with the photo black ink in the 4800.  I realize the blacks will have higher L and the prints lower dMax as a result, but we all know what a hassle ink switching is.  

I mostly use Luster and Harman Gloss so I am "committed" to PK.  But, there are times when a matte print looks better.  I'll do it infrequently so I'll accept the compromise.

Thanks for any suggestions/comments.

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 06:05:56 pm »

I know this is sort of a "wrong" question, but I am curious what matte paper people have found works best with the photo black ink in the 4800.  I realize the blacks will have higher L and the prints lower dMax as a result, but we all know what a hassle ink switching is.   

I mostly use Luster and Harman Gloss so I am "committed" to PK.  But, there are times when a matte print looks better.  I'll do it infrequently so I'll accept the compromise.

Thanks for any suggestions/comments.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152317\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also print with the 4800 and I like the matte look, but also like the dMax that the PK ink affords. I like the surface from a semi-matte paper and found the Innova F- Print Gloss Semi Matte to my likeing. A nice weight (300g/m2) also.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

cdrew

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:40:05 am »

Anybody else use PK inks with a matte finish paper?

I also print with the 4800 and I like the matte look, but also like the dMax that the PK ink affords. I like the surface from a semi-matte paper and found the Innova F- Print Gloss Semi Matte to my likeing. A nice weight (300g/m2) also.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152555\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up