Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kata-101 Rudsack Camera Backpack  (Read 3169 times)

Killer Angel

Kata-101 Rudsack Camera Backpack
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:31:55 am »

I am thinking of getting the Kata-101 Rudsack Camera Backpack.Would anyone know if a Canon 40D Camera with a Canon BGE-2N Battery Grip and a Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS Lens attached would fit into it?
THANKS.

John Camp

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:26:48 am »

I am thinking of getting the Kata-101 Rudsack Camera Backpack.Would anyone know if a Canon 40D Camera with a Canon BGE-2N Battery Grip and a Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS Lens attached would fit into it?
THANKS.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I think it would -- but not much more. I have two Katas (the 102 and a discontinued larger one, which doesn't have a number in it), and they are extremely protective, which means a lot of padding, much of which is sewn in and can't be removed. Given the external size of the packs, they carry LESS equipment than any other pack I've seen, and are among the heaviest for size. Otherwise, they are of very high quality; maybe the best I've seen. I think you could get Canon with the attached lens, maybe another lens and battery charger, and a few  more bits, and that'd be about it. Best overview of the Katas is probably on Amazon -- click the  link to "other kata gear" or something like that. There are a number of bags that are just somewhat larger than the one you're looking at. Oh, and the backpack straps are also well done. The pack is really well made.

JC

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:44:38 am »

Yes, I think it would -- but not much more. I have two Katas (the 102 and a discontinued larger one, which doesn't have a number in it), and they are extremely protective, which means a lot of padding, much of which is sewn in and can't be removed. Given the external size of the packs, they carry LESS equipment than any other pack I've seen, and are among the heaviest for size. Otherwise, they are of very high quality; maybe the best I've seen. I think you could get Canon with the attached lens, maybe another lens and battery charger, and a few  more bits, and that'd be about it. Best overview of the Katas is probably on Amazon -- click the  link to "other kata gear" or something like that. There are a number of bags that are just somewhat larger than the one you're looking at. Oh, and the backpack straps are also well done. The pack is really well made.

JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152126\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have quite  a few Kata bags and I love them all. Before Kata I tried many different companies, but never was happy. The packs are very comfortable to caryy around.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

GregW

• http://
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 11:32:31 pm »

I'd say so as long at the lens hood is reversed.

Like the others here I've certainly been very impressed with the quality of materials and construction of Kata's products.  And there in lies my only complaint.  For some kinds of shooting situations it's almost too well made and a little over specified.  It's not a problem because like most people interested in Photography I have a cellar full of camera bags
Pages: [1]   Go Up