Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blend if  (Read 17443 times)

bernie west

• Wild Photo Australia
Blend if
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16:46 am »

Before you paint people as redneck hillbillies taking pot-shots (and I can see any "hillbillies" reading this being outraged) maybe you should immerse yourself in the history so you'll have a better understanding of who created what over time. I find Jeff's account of this development indeed relevant to photography, unlike comments about anger management, Buddhism and the civil struggle in Sri Lanka. Sorry.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183908\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jeff brought up Buddhism, by the way.

My comments about Jeff are related to his general posting etiquette, not this post alone.  He often only pipes up to give a spray and to add the sprayee to his ignore list.  When done by any old poster this behaviour, at least for me, is a bit of a laugh.  But when done by someone heavily associated with this site, it only serves to cheapen the luminous-landscape.

I now expect the usual cadre of genuflectors to step forth and flay me in the name of JEFF!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Blend if
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 09:21:05 am »

Jeff brought up Buddhism, by the way.

My comments about Jeff are related to his general posting etiquette, not this post alone.  He often only pipes up to give a spray and to add the sprayee to his ignore list.  When done by any old poster this behaviour, at least for me, is a bit of a laugh.  But when done by someone heavily associated with this site, it only serves to cheapen the luminous-landscape.

I now expect the usual cadre of genuflectors to step forth and flay me in the name of JEFF!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183910\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think your characterization is inaccurate, and I'll have nothing more to say on this particular issue. It's OT.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

michael

Blend if
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 09:41:54 am »

I'd like to suggest to everyone concerned to not let these threads, which many have found valuable, degenerate into interpersonal pissing matches.

People read these to learn and advance their craft, and as "real" as some of the personal issues may appear to some participants, they are a distraction for many. I have received no less than five emails over the past day or so requesting that I intervene here.

So, I'm closing this thread. There is no last word.

If anyone would like to start a new thread focusing again solely on the topic of Blend If, that would be fine.

Michael
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:42:28 am by michael »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up