Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2200 Print Head Alignment  (Read 5767 times)

Gpowell

Epson 2200 Print Head Alignment
« on: November 09, 2007, 04:12:10 pm »

I have an Epson 2200 and have had consitant problems with the print head alignment.  It seems to go out of alignment regularly.  Just last night I tried to re-align and still cannot get rid of my verticle lines on the final print.

Any suggestions?

Gary

Richowens

Epson 2200 Print Head Alignment
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:25:31 pm »

Gary,

Alignment will only affect print sharpness. Lines in a print are usually from a clogged nozzle or debris on the bottom of the print head blocking or deflecting a nozzle. Try doing a nozzle clean by using the printer utility.

In my case it was cat hair which had found its way onto the capping station then transferred to the bottom of the print head. A regular cleaning did not help. I had to use a strip of paper towel, cut not torn, folded double and soaked in Windex to "floss" the bottom of the print head. Then I swabbed the capping station with Q-Tips soaked in Windex paying special attention to the o-ring that seals the head to the capping staion.

Oh, I forgot something. To do this you need to release the print carriage for access. With the printer powered on push the ink change button and when the carriage reaches the changing position pull the power cord. Now you can move the carriage by hand to the middle of the print area and slide the piece of towel under the print head. Put a few drops of Windex or even distilled water in the middle of the towel, grab the ends, pull the towel up against the head and swab back and forth. You may have to do this 5 or 6 times until the towel is reasonably clean.

Perhaps you could post an example of the problem.

HTH

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up