Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critique Please  (Read 3521 times)

davaglo

Critique Please
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:55:02 pm »

This shot was taken in Acadia National Park, October 2007. I would appreciate your critique and suggestions.
Thanks
Jerry
jrg

DarkPenguin

Critique Please
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 11:19:03 pm »

Feels unbalanced.  Most of the action is in the upper right side.  The green is a bit neon for my tastes.  Sky looks a bit burned through the leaves.

The most interesting part of the photo to me is the path of leaves at the bottom but it is cut off.

bill proud

• http://www.billproudphotography.com
Critique Please
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:07 pm »

You need something to anchor the photo, there is nowhere to rest or grabs the eye that say's , "start here." No rule of thirds used.

Agree the right side has bright white sky that takes away from the scene, and the path at the bottom is too far to the right edge.

There is no depth to the image, all the branches and leaves appear on the same plane, this could be due to the apparent flat white sky creating a soft box effect. Good light for macros.

hope this helps,

sniper

Critique Please
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:48:18 pm »

I have to argree with Bill, theres no real center of intrest to hold you there.  Wayne

lightpause

• http://www.lightpause.com
Critique Please
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 01:04:12 am »

I think in this shot there are lovely colours, though they weren't brought to life in post production and look a bit dull and lifeless. Now I think the composition could have been vastly improved by a lower viewpoint and including the dirt track. The exposition in the shot is a bit off too, by exposing to the shadows the sky came out burned and completely white. A way of avoiding this is by doing multiple exposures or bracketing your shots and then combine them using editing software and even HDR if you want.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Rod

cethert

Critique Please
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 10:23:22 pm »

I tried to really look at the photo before adding my thoughts;  great colors, but not sure what you're trying to tell me in this picture.  What should I be looking at?  My eye really wanders and doesn't pause to take this all in.  Perhaps a more intimate look at the landscape - either via a crop or thinking more about the composition next time you're shooting - is there some lovely juxtaposition between the red leaves and the green foliage behind?  We don't get this kind of color where I live - what a treat for the eyes to behold!
Pages: [1]   Go Up